recommend a car stereo that can utilize the iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ElDogman, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

my current car stereo's volume knob is broken.. turning down music makes it louder.. turning up the music makes it more louder. it also can't play tracks above 10 very well as it starts skipping.. and has been getting worse every year.. I think now it can't play tracks beyond 5.. but i haven't tried it lately because the stereo is too loud and can't be turned down (just up).

so i think its time for a new stereo and since I got an iphone 4, I'm thinking of hooking it up to the stereo. Any recommendations? i don't have a fancy stereo system in my car, just need something cheap but can accept the iphone 4 (i also have a shuffle)

2. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Just get something with an aux port. That's all you really need to play music from your iPhone. All stereos pretty much come equipped with them nowadays.

3. beedish macrumors member

I've got a Pioneer x920BT that I installed a few months back. The iPod/iPhone interface is great, much better than most (Kenwood, JVC, etc.). I've tried it on my iPod Touch 2G and the iPhone 4 and both work great. The x920BT can even stream music through bluetooth which is awesome. They also have a Pandora Link app in the App Store that allows you to play Pandora through the iPhone through your car stereo and still have the functionality of the app on your car stereo. It's a really neat interface and I highly recommend looking into it.

4. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

I have heard good things about the Alpine IDA X305S with full iPod integration.

It goes for something like $240 at Amazon.

5. joec1101 macrumors 6502

ya pretty much anything with an AUX input will work. if you're looking for something a little "higher end" i would recommend the Kenwood touch screen units - they are very sleek and can accommodate a hard wired cable that plugs into the dock connector on the iphone (instead of just using the headphone jack). i'm sure there are others that do this as well, but Kenwood really makes some nice stuff.

6. carlili4190 macrumors regular

I have an Alpine IDA-X001 and it works flawlessly with all ipods/iphones except the iphone 3g...

7. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony