Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
I recently purchased a Canon G9 to replace the 2 year old ELPH that I dropped on it's lens (May it rest in peace).

I've been looking at getting a case for it but I can't seem to decide what to get. I was curious if any G9 owners have some suggestions or experience with the items I have been eyeing.

I have been looking at a few options:
Crumpler HooJah Medium
Crumpler Bundle Medium
Small Organizer Pouch from Tom Binh
Zoom Camera Case from SFBags

I'm looking for a way to protect the camera and keep it handy at all times. I expect to be taking many more photos after my son is born in August. :)

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
Thanks iBallz.
I think I want something a little more aesthetically pleasing though.

I hadn't heard of a beanbag tripod before, looks interesting.

jywv8

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Thanks iBallz.
I think I want something a little more aesthetically pleasing though.

Come on, who doesn't like camo! Ha ha ha.

I had this old Quantaray bag that I was using to carry around my D70. It's just your average bag, with the two inner velcro-attached pads that hold up the body and hug the lens.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/441661972.htm?bct=t13031003

Now I just slip the G9 in between the pads (where the D70 lens used to go), and I fit extra batteries or whatever on the other side of each pad. Works great for me.

(edit: I guess my point was not that you should get this same bag, which is entirely average looking. It was that you could opt for a SLR-sized bag and find it quite useful.)

Andy Higgins

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2008
HI

I use a Lowepro Apex 30 AW, G9 fits inside snugly, the pouch is not too big either. I usually wear it over my neck using the included strap or you can place it onto a belt.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/Apex-30-AW,1905,25.htm

It is well padded, i have dropped mine with the G9 inside on a mountain side, it rolled down a boulder field for about 100 meters:eek: , not scratch on the pouch and G9 as good as new:D What more do you want from a camera case/pouch!

Andy

jlanuez

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
USA
LowePro Spectrum 50 (red)

...any G9 owners have some suggestions or experience...

I just got a G9 and this case that fits perfect. The front pocket holds an extra SD card (and that's it!). I wanted something that FIT and no more.

LowePro Spectrum 50

Attachments

• 18-2097-IMG3.jpg
    18-2097-IMG3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 2,061

jmrnavydoc

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2007
Virginia
crumpler bundle large

I got the Crumpler Bundle (Large) for my G9. Fits great. keep the battery charger at the bottom. Camera fits perfectly with just enough extra room for the strap. Small front pocket for another SD card or card reader. Highly recommended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.