Recommend A Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davidjearly, Mar 7, 2009.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Hi guys,

I know these type of posts can be annoying, but I have decided I would like to purchase a case to protect my iPhone 3G. I think.

Here is the list of things I have in mind:

I don't want it to add lots of bulk to the iPhone.
    I don't want it to detract from the design of the iPhone.
    I would prefer it worked easily with the iPhone 3G dock.
    I don't want it to cost me a limb.

I'm just not very current with the magnitude of cases out there, and want to get an idea of what other people are using.

Also, another option would be to get a display protector for the front and back of the iPhone. What is the general opinion of these? Is there a particular brand that people go for?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Just noticed the iPhone accessories forum. Feel free to move this post in there. Sorry Mods.

2. slapppy macrumors 65816

What about drop protection or chrome bezel protection?

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I suggest Ghost Armor. Luckily, I'm in AZ where they have shops at the mall. I walked in, had them put it on and I was gone.

It's a semi-permanent case. It's not the thin protective screen film your normal expect, this has a slight soft feel to it and it protects it very, very well. I don't know how many times I have slipped and dropped it. I have 0 scratches. It even filled in some imperfections I orinally had. It looks great and keeps the iPhone design, works with most docks, adds virtually no bulk, and it cost me 35 to purchase and install.

You can order it online for cheaper.

I suggest this over Invisible Shield and other similar products. Most think it's the same product, but it is not.

4. jkimbro0316 macrumors regular

I recommend the Incase Slider, it hardly adds any bulk to you iPhone and protects the chrome siding and back from scratches. It doesn't ruin the design of the phone because it really only protects the back and sides, and it also the bottom part of the case comes off so you can connect the phone to the dock even when the case is on. The cost is $35: http://goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl59055

As for screen protectors, I'd go the invisibleshield route:
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-3g-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

5. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I'm very happy with my new Incipio Feather. Very thin. Comes with screen protectors too, although I haven't had to use them yet because I currently have one of those that doesn't need replacing.

Edit: For the benefit of those who come later, I withdraw this recommendation. The original post was written on March 7. The case failed today (March 20). The strip that protects the chrome above the volume and silence switches broke away. I am not a rough user.