Recommend a charger for an iPad when in Mexico

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Arleff, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Arleff macrumors newbie

We are going on holiday from the UK to Mexico and will be taking a new iPad, 2 iPods and a iPhone.

Can anyone recommend a good charger we can take which will cover all the appliances and allow us to charge them safely while we are away?

Any suggestion much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Hyper-X macrumors 6502a

Your supplied charger is sufficient however if you want, you could pickup a universal plug adapter that allows you to plug into multiple types of outlet shapes. Apple sells their version also if you're interested. You don't need any type of transformer as your charger supports 100-240 volts as-is.

3. Bikerdawg macrumors newbie

I've worked down in Mexico City for a month or two at a time, and the standard charger that comes with your iPad will work just fine. Mexico has the same power and plug style that we have up here in the US, so really, anything you plug in will be OK. If you want to bring a small travel style surge protector, that's never a bad idea, regardless of where you are traveling.

4. jdcell100 macrumors regular

As we speek my wife and daughter are in cabo San luca they brought there iPad and iPod touch and all I can say is FaceTime works great standard plug works fine

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

Don't they have a drug war going on Down there now, with the cartels

6. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

7. -TYLER macrumors regular

The tourist areas aren't affected at all, I was down there a couple weeks ago, in both playa del Carmen and cancun. Went walking around the city at night and during the day, as well as using the public buses. There are lots of police with rifles all around the tourist areas, but I didn't see anything going on where I was.