Recommend a computer/set up for this situation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, Mar 1, 2011.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

I own an industrial design company, work long hours, and use my computer everyday, all day. We have offices but I prefer to work from home … more relaxing, less distractions.

I like to work from a large screen, the 27" ACD's are great However I don't like to work from a desk. Like some I find I'm much more creative away from a desk, and instead prefer the couch in my den, a lazy boy, kitchen table, outdoors when the weather is nice, or the odd coffee shop.

Since I also like ultra portables I'm using a 2010 13" MBA now, it's excellent in every respect except, I can't stop thinking that for the amount of hours I spend behind a screen using Adobe CS5, replying to 50-100 emails daily that I should have a larger display.

Reason I don't have a 15 or 17" MBP already is because I'm concerned about the added weight and physical size. Plus it won't be as convenient to grab and go whether its around the house or around town.

Anyone been in the same predicament as me, what did you end up buying and how to do you like it? Cost isn't a concern, I want a great setup.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I feel like without going up to the 15", you probably have the best setup for your particular needs. I don't know of a 13" notebook that has a higher resolution than the MBA.

3. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

If I were you, I'd stick with the MBA. Seems you value portability more than power.

4. entatlrg thread starter macrumors 68040

entatlrg

It's the larger screen size I miss, would prefer to work on a 24/27" all the time if I could.

I see you just bought a new 17", (congrat's), how/where do you use it?