Recommend a digital photo frame

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mustangsally82, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mustangsally82 macrumors member

I am looking for a good, Mac-compatible digital photo frame to give as a gift. I have read a ton of information online, but I still don't feel like I can make an educated decision. So I'm asking for recommendations from the pros here.

Ideally, I want a 15-inch frame that has Wi-Fi capability. It would be nice if it had speakers, too. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

Don't do digital photo frames. Giving a digital photo frame is like giving a weird gadget you're trying to force on someone who doesn't want it - even if they care about tech. Giving someone a nicely framed picture is strongly sentimental and classy. Giving one picture means you gave thought. Giving a photo frame with 200 pictures means you don't care enough or don't know them well enough to know what they'll appreciate.

3. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Digital photo frames look pretty cheezy. I second the suggestion to get some real prints.

4. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I agree that a digital frame kind of cheats a good photo. It may be fine for a group of family snapshots but you can't seriously engage a photo that goes away on it's own.
    It's not much of a Mac issue, but I have read of some really nasty viruses being spread by them.

Dale

5. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Nonsense. My sister-in-law gave my 92-year-old mother a digital picture frame in the last year of her life. She thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of the pictures of her children, grand children, and great-grandchildren and other family members.