Recommend a fully functional printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fredhargis, Mar 23, 2009.

1. fredhargis macrumors newbie

I'm about to throw my HP Colorsmart C6180 out the window. The problems are mostly with the HP software, and my inability to get it to work with OSX 10.5.6 on my mac pro. Does anyone want to suggest a replacement that has all in one capabilities and actually is compatible with my computer?

2. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

3. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

This topic of 'best printer' appears regularly, and of all the posts I've read - and responded to - say Canon. I agree, having worked with several models of that brand, 95%+ problem-free.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I use a Xerox laser; been using it 5 years now, and there are no issues yet.

5. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I use a HP photosmart 7280 it has decently affordable inks, fax, copy, scan print, wireless/ethernet connectivity (network), and duplex (2 sided) printing

also I hear the kodak AIOs are pretty good as well, cheap ink, decent printing. I was actually going to get one until I popped the extra $$ for the HP's wireless networking

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

If you're not bothered by the lack of color, a black/white laser printer is the absolute way to go. I have a Brother HL-2040, only cost me $90 almost two years ago, and I've printed easily 1,000 papers since, and I hadn't had to change the toner/whatever yet. The statistics tells me I still have 25,000 papers to print still before I had to change it.

That's just completely insane. Is it the best value ever or what?

Oh, and the drivers work perfectly in OS X. Transparent, and no weird bloatware or hackery. Just a driver file you tell the printer settings to use, and that's it.