Recommend a good carry case for my Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gazfocus, Feb 19, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I am looking for a good case for my Macbook Pro, Ideally a backpack style case.

I am from UK if this makes any difference.

If you have any suggestions, please post them here

2. GirthP macrumors regular

I'm also looking for a case for a new MBP purchase :D (happy happy). I am looking for a slimmer one though. It needs to be able to hold the 'puter and some cables, and not much else.

Hope it's ok to piggy back on the thread ;).

3. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

4. secretpact macrumors 6502

5. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I'm a big fan of Crumpler bags, I bought one (the Boomer - a padded messenger bag) for my MacBook and it's perfect:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a look at their website for other choices. They ship from Germany (as well as Australia and the US).

PS Search for 'Crumpler' on this site and you'll see me and others talking about their bags.

6. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

PS Forgot to mention, I use the Crumpler just for when I'm out and about and don't need to bring too much stuff with me. But I also bought a bigger bag for travelling. It's the Tech Air Sports Messenger and it's brilliant. Piles of room, loads of pockets and a really well padded pocket for a laptop.

[​IMG]

7. protozoa macrumors regular

The Crumpler looks awesome... but how many dollars equals a Euro? :D

I sort of like my Targus. It is big enough to fit a few extra things inside (like magazines or a couple paperbacks), so I use it as a carry-on when I fly.

8. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

It's sweet, isn't it? :) I've been using it a fair bit recently and it's great, really comfortable to carry and the 13" MacBook is as snug as a bug in there.

I paid E50 for it....which is US$74, £38 and 9,450 Kazakhstan Tenges. :eek: Jeez, that's an awful lot of Tenges.

9. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

im looking at the reginald transfer from crumpler, its a briefcase style (slim, space for laptop and cables) and it seems pretty cool. The only question i have about this case from crumpler is will the inside material scratch my MBP if the MBP isnt in some kind of sleeve? or is the material good and soft enough that it wont scratch it while its inside?

10. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I can only go by the Crumpler Boomer that I own, although I'd guess they're all pretty much made of the same material?? Any way, no problems at all, the material is soft enough for it to do no damage at all!

11. dj420118 macrumors regular

the company "STM" has some good memory foam ones that protect it inside your bag. I love mine.