Recommend a good hdmi to dvi cable for hdtv for macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jjahshik32, Aug 28, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Can anyone recommend me a 20ft or 30ft cable of hdmi to dvi that would work with the macbook via mini dvi?

2. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

I don't know exactly which one will be the right one to go with because the whole DVI-I, DVI-D thing confuses me and I don't know which one you'll need....but Monoprice.com has a crapload of cables of all lengths for extremely cheap, and they're all high quality stuff. I bought myself a 6' HDMI cable for $5, and a 50' ethernet cable for $20. Haven't had any problems with either of them, they've been working flawlessley. Let me know what you end up doing, because I'm interested in this as well, but like I said, DVI-I, and DVI-D are confusing me, and I don't know which one I need.

3. Dudeman486 macrumors member

there's a little secret about digital cables. it doesn't matter (to some extent) about the quality of the cables, so don't go buying 70/80/90$ cables just because they are gold plated and advertised to "perform better." sure they might last a bit longer, but as long as the 1's and 0's get from the computer to the monitor, nothing else matters. "high quality" cables are overrated.

just don't buy too cheap, because those are crap quality.

to answer your question, don't pay over 20-30$ for your cables. just go poke around on amazon, you can't really go wrong.

4. zango macrumors member

5. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Thanks alot, I'll probably end up ordering from here.