Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chama98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
London
I think my Thunderbolt Display is on the way out. It occasionally turns off and then resumes. I thought it might be mac related so checked the hardware which came back ok.

So I am now thinking the Thunderbolt Display is playing up. My question is can anyone recommend a good replacement and web cam for my late 2013 Mac Pro. I would like a large monitor pref 30 inches.

Thanks.

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
In a little world of my own
Is your TB Display connected via a thunderbolt dock or direct? I had issues with Sierra and my TB display when connected via the dock, went direct and no issues. Not had time to troubleshoot.

As for new monitor, do you want 4K or just 2560x1440?

chama98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
London
Is your TB Display connected via a thunderbolt dock or direct? I had issues with Sierra and my TB display when connected via the dock, went direct and no issues. Not had time to troubleshoot.

As for new monitor, do you want 4K or just 2560x1440?
Straight into the the back of the Mac Pro.

Wouldn't mind 4K. But would prefer a large monitor.

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
In a little world of my own
I'm very happy with my setup, but I have dual display plus rMBP display. I have Dell P2715Q 4k and a TB Display.

What sort of budget do you have and what are you using it for? Do you need perfect colour reproduction? Fast gaming response times, connect multiple sources etc?

chama98

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
London
I'm very happy with my setup, but I have dual display plus rMBP display. I have Dell P2715Q 4k and a TB Display.

What sort of budget do you have and what are you using it for? Do you need perfect colour reproduction? Fast gaming response times, connect multiple sources etc?
good colour reproduction and good for the odd games. would like a web cam as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.