Recommend a mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Eddyish, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Eddyish macrumors member

So my wireless mighty mouse died and I don't plan on getting a magic mouse, I'm not too keen on the whole multi touch, no scroll wheel thing.

Can anyone recommend a wireless bluetooth non usb mouse for me? I'm kind of looking into something I can play games with though I'll probably be mostly using it for surfing the web so a higher end normal mouse would be okay too. I have relatively small hands so I wouldn't want some sort of massive gaming mouse. My budget is around 50-70 dollars.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Then you probably won't be too interested in my suggestion: the Magic Trackpad.

I love it ... and I'm just trying to share that love.

Is that wrong?

3. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

I think you are fighting an uphill battle not going with an Apple device here, because the OSX interface is going more and more toward multitouch. I had and use the Magic Mouse after having a wheel mouse for years and love it. That is, until I went to the Magic Trackpad, and I don't think I'll ever go back to a mouse. Both take a little getting used to, but once you configure the settings to your taste and use them for a week or so, I think you won't go back.

4. Motliest Crue macrumors regular

It's not BT but I use the Logitech Performance MX along with the Magic Trackpad. The PMX is the best mouse I have ever owned. I do have large hands and it fits me perfectly. I think it would be fine for someone with smaller hands, you can always check it out at Best Buy first then wait for a sale on Amazon. I got it for 69.99 around Thanksgiving.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It's not BT, but it is a wireless mouse with a USB receiver. It's a very good mouse and I have 3 of them.

Logitech Performance MX

6. Eddyish, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

Eddyish thread starter macrumors member

I'm trying to avoid mouses with USB revievers because they take up my USB ports which I constantly need. Actually scratch gaming mouse, I'm really jus looking for a mouse that feels confortable in my hand. Also mouses that are compatible with small hands are a pretty big must, my hands are only 15 cm long... The logitech mx looks huge.

7. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Not at all. ;) I bought the MM and then the MT a few days later. The MM hasn't seen the light of day since.

8. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I got one of these as a gift: Microsoft Notebook Mouse. My wife quickly took it over, which was fine for me because I prefer my Evoluent Vertical Mouse. Yes it has a USB dongle and no it isn't the smallest (although they do have a smaller option) but it's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. The one I have on my desk at work just went all kinds of stupid on me, but I don't want to bring in my one from home because I know I'll forget it at the office.

9. chrisvee macrumors regular

There are a few threads like this. Based on those threads, I'd say Logitech Performance MX, Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX, Razer Orochi, Magic Mouse, and Magic Trackpad (Not a mouse, but it gets suggested a lot).

I usually suggest Razer Orochi. I like the option to switch between USB or Bluetooth - very useful. :eek:

10. Eddyish, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

Eddyish thread starter macrumors member

The Razor Orochi looks quite nice but the delay when it goes asleep makes me a bit hesitant to buy it. Also I was kinda looking for something that I could use with the palm grip... Something around the size of the mighty mouse or a little bigger would be great. The Razer Imperator looks good but they only have cable. I'm not really going to be using it for much gaming, but gaming mouses look like they have the best ergonomics. Also sorry I'm being so picky about this. :eek:

11. Eves apple macrumors member

I used to use a Logitech trackman wheel and it was superb, changed to the Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 about a year ago, it's even better, I highly recommend them, although it does use the USB mini receiver though :/

12. frank4 macrumors regular

frank4

If you're still looking for a Bluetooth mouse, here are a couple more. Have a look at the Logitech V470, I was going to get one of those. Available in Apple store and elsewhere.

But then I recently got a very low sale price $15 on a Dell Bluetooth Travel Mouse model PU705. I think this is a model they discontinued and are blowing out, however it looks identical to their FW448 model that uses AAA batteries while mine uses AA. Just do a search on Dell Bluetooth Mouse at Dell.com. I'm just using the regular mouse driver that comes with OS X, Dell has utility software for this BT mouse but it's only for Windows.

The Dell is a decent mouse, although it is quite small, like the Logitech V470. It works OK and is now my main mouse, although a couple of times a day for unknown reasons it will become very sluggish for a few seconds in moving the mouse pointer around the monitor screen.

I also have the Apple Magic Mouse but it is too low and causes me hand strain and IMO it has a couple of other physical design problems. The MM works more reliably then the Dell BT mouse.

I modified the Dell mouse to remove the old-fashioned ratchet click that happens when you rotate the mouse wheel, so now the wheel rotates smoothly and feels very slick. To do the modification the mouse top surface needs to be removed to get at the wheel. 2 screws are removed from the battery compartment. The forward mouse foot pads are removed to reveal 2 hidden screws. A small metal wire spring that goes into the wheel hub is removed to get rid of the wheel click.

13. Polo2883 macrumors regular

I love the MX mouse that comes with the Logitech MX 5500 keyboard mouse combo. I wish they would just sell the mouse by itself with the bluetooth and not the usb rf.

14. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

right now i use the magic mouse but only a few of the web touch with the scrolling is what i use i think its pointless with the multitouch on a mouse and the trackpad is a carpal tunnel initiator come back on here in a year and tell us how ur wrists hurt but i have Logitech solar mac keyboard that has the usb receiver i love this board i want a Logitech mouse and sync it to the keyboards receiver to save on usb connections

15. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

The Logitech MX is not big at all. I think it's a very comfortable mouse and it's one of the few out there that a lefty like me can use.

16. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I absolutely love the Apple Magic Mouse. It is $69 which is right at the high end of your price range. It is of course made by Apple.

On the lower end of the spectrum but not even close to comparable, I have a Microsoft Mouse 5000. My 9 year old daughter uses this mouse with her MacBook 13" and she loves it. Being made by Microsoft, it kind of makes me feel like a traitor when using it. It is only about $35 at Walmart, Staples or Office Depot.

Attached Files:

17. mario24601 macrumors regular

I have the MX, magic mouse and trackpad...I like all but find myself using the trackpad more. once you get use to it, its the best solution I think. Give all a try.