Recommend a password manager like keepass

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by luckytaxi, Aug 14, 2014.

1. luckytaxi macrumors newbie

The one thing I love about KeePass is that I can doubleclick the password field and my password is copied into the buffer. Some of the programs available for Mac doesnt have a trial period so I can't really test. Can someone recommend a password manager (offline, i dont care for LastPass) that works similar to KeePass?

I'm not going to attempt to install KeePass, it just seems buggy on the Mac.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Not sure if you are looking to spend any money or free, but 1Password has a 30 day free trial that you can try before buying. I have been using 1Password for some time and really like it. It is also on sale right at the moment. Also available for IOS and Windows.

3. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

A vote for 1Password here. I have been using it for long time. It has a copy to clipboard for a small amount of time like you mentioned.

4. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

another vote for 1password, best app ive ever owned

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I've used LastPass and been very pleased with it. It's cross platform, does everything I need it to do, and is free.

6. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I use Roboform Everywhere. There IS a free trial as well as Mac, iOS, Windows and Android clients. No need to copy your password to the buffer, it can load the site, enter your credentials and "click" login in a single click.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Were you using KeePassX on the Mac? Seems like it works OK for me.

However, I recently started using Enpass when they offered the iOS app for free. The iOS app integrates with Dropbox in a more seamless manner than MiniKeePass did. The Windows and Mac versions are free.

Enpass, like KeePass, is just a secure depository for your info. It doesn't integrate with other apps like some of the others mentioned here.

8. luckytaxi thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU! I refuse to pay a boat load of money for 1Password just to keep track of my password. KeePassX on the Mac gave me issues unlike its Windows counterpart. I just downloaded Enpass and I'm loving it so far. I like the fact that it's free AND I can click a button to copy the password w/o exposing it.

Thanks for the tip, I think I got what I need!

9. Basilfawltyone macrumors regular

My vote goes to OneSafe. Totally seamless between iPhone, iPad and your Mac via Apples iCloud.

Used it for 3 month and just love it. Tried their support since there was one feature I did not understand (double vault security) answer within 24H.