Recommend a speaker for my bedside table's iPhone dock..

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by alexjholland, Jun 9, 2011.

1. alexjholland macrumors 6502

Hey, I was looking at a DAB radio dock for my iPhone 4, but realised that as I have a spare iPhone dock with audio out, all I need is a decent speaker; then I can connect it and use my internet streaming app.

I'd ideally like a single speaker. The compact, simple cylinder-style used in a number of travel speakers would be ideal - but I want AC power. Definitely not interested in recharging.

Also, something white would be great! I've trawled Amazon, but am surprised no-one offers one - it's either iPod/iPhone docks (very limiting and unlikely to accommodate bumper) or stereo speakers that tend to be either non-AC, or too big..

So yeah, a chunky, high-quality, wall-powered white speaker that's under £50 please! I will potentially consider compact stereo speakers..

2. alexjholland, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011

alexjholland thread starter macrumors 6502

3. alexjholland thread starter macrumors 6502

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

thread bumping is against forum rules. Also searching will provide tons of answers. ;) btw your not crazy if you talk out loud only if you answer yourself.

5. alexjholland thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't thread-bump; some prat tried to promote his own company and I replied telling him to 'do one'. His post disappeared, so I change mine to that (couldn't figure out how to delete it).

Fancy saying something vaguely productive, by chance?

6. nate13 macrumors 6502

nate13

bose sounddock, GREAT SOUND. Wake up to a rainforest track, and actually believe your in a rainforest!:D

7. alexjholland thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure that would have a great sound, but I don't fancy forking out for something that may (or may not) work with my bumper-equipped iPhone 4; and who knows if the next iPhone (which I'll get on release date) will fit?!

I've got two modified iPad docks that work with any iProduct I've tried them with. One's with my iMac; the second on my bedside table, so I just need a smart, neat speaker to connect to it. The JBL therefore seems perfect!

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

sorry about that no way for me to know you got jacked by a spammer. the one I rocking is theLogitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2 Compact Docking Speakers

rechargeable batteries remote sounds good plenty enough sound for a dorm or room. I can here it in several rooms. very portable. I got one on ebay for about $60 also youcan leave a/c plugged in so you don't need to recharge. however it's nice to have the take it with you option with out the cord.

Ihome makes a ton of nice docs

9. alexjholland thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, both the Logitech and iHome look nice, but I've ordered the JBL OnTour speaker.

Any of those docks could be incompatible with my iPhone 4's bumper, or with the next iDevice I buy. Whereas my modified iPad dock should fit ANY 30-pin iDevice; and runs neatly into the matching white JBL OnTour.

The standard alarm works great; especially through speakers - and I can use TuneIn radio to get any number of stations.

A remote control would be nice, but this is a very versatile, cost-effective solution!