Recommend a to do list

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Akarin, May 18, 2012.

1. Akarin macrumors 6502

Akarin

Hi all,

I am trying to solve a problem I have regarding to do lists app. I have tried a zillion (yeah, that's a lot) of them but none fits my need.

I am developing software and websites. I would like to be able to add to do items that I'd group by software or website I'm working on.

I code mostly on a Windows machine, two screens. I'd like to have my to do list always visible on my 2nd screen. I do most of my UI design on a Mac, so I'd like to have access to my to do's on the Mac as well. Most of my ideas come when I'm not at my desk so I'd need to be able to add/edit to do's on my iPhone and iPad.

So far, I have tried adding notes (a new one per application I'm working on) in SimpleNote. It's easy and quickly done on the iPhone and on the Mac but the Windows clients I found simply suck. I tried using the web interface on Windows but the sync doesn't always work.

I tried Evernote. Unfortunately, it feels like using a chainsaw to cut a slice of bread. It's heavy, slow to use and edit notes.

I tried saving basic text files and sync them with Dropbox. It's not really useable as I can't sort the to do's within a file.

So, how would you solve my issue? I'm not against using different applications on my various devices if they can sync together.

Thanks!

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Try Wunderlist. It has a PC version, a Mac version and an iPhone version. I use it as my task list in my job and it works just fine. I don't have a zillion tasks written on it at once, but it still performs decently well when my task list starts to get long. I can't say for sure that it will work for you as no one knows your needs but you, but all of the versions are free so it doesn't hurt to give it a try!

3. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I've tried a zillion too and the best solution so far is Simplenote. Have you tried ResophNotes for Windows? It's the best Simplenote client app I found for Windows and it works as good as Velocity notes on the Mac.