Recommend a Wii game for me to buy?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Oct 18, 2007.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I want to buy another game for the wii. I will buy mario kart but obviously that is next year so I wouldn't mind buying another one before then. I like racing, sports games, the sims, that sort of thing. Not really into shooting etc. Any tips?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Try
    Zelda....do you have it?
    Excite truck
    Paper Mario
    Cooking mama
    Elebits
    Godfather.....GTA style with waggle

For the love of eveything thats good with the world dont pick up red steel.....we dont want these guys making more money to bring a craptacular follow up.(its a shooter so stay away:) )

Bless

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Some of my best console experiences with my friends and family have been with Excite Truck and Metal Slug Anthology.

SSX Blur is quite good too, I'm glad my sister bought it instead of me though. It's fun but theres nothing really compelling about it.

Have a look on the Virtual Console too, search by genre for what you're after!

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

MySims

Best pick-up-and-play Wii game out there IMO ;)
    plus you said you like The Sims...you'll love MySims. It's a mixture of The Sims + Animal Crossing. Very cute, very fun game...dare I use the word 'adorable'. :D

5. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

What games do you already have?

Based on your preferences, I would say either Excite Truck (so much fun, soooooo much fun, but when racing another human there are no computer controlled cars, and no online) or Mario Strikers Charged. Both of them are great games and I've probably spent more time on them than all my other games combined. Well, maybe not if you add in Wii Sports. Maybe.

6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I currently have Wii Sports and The sims 2 Pets :)

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Wii Play just for the extra controller. The game is fun for a few and good to pull out when others haven't played it.

I like Paper Mario quite a bit, but other games grabbed my interest, so I have yet to finish it. But I will do so as soon as I finish Metroid, Zelda Wii, and Zelda DS. :eek:

<]=)

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mario Strikers Charged if you want multiplayer or online play, and Excite Truck if you're playing on your own.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is hilarious and funny, but wait for the sequel, IIRC next month.

Zelda is an amazing single-player game, but only if you like solving complex puzzles.

Get Wii Play because it's $50 and includes a $40 controller, so it's really just a $10 game. Even though you'll probably beat it in an hour.

9. macboy62 macrumors regular

macboy62

Don't have a wii but Tomb Raider is my all time fav game. Tomb Raider Anniversary is out on the wii soon. Videos on http://www.tombraider.com look great.

10. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I don't anticipate having anyone to play with too often :( So some good 1 player games would be handy :)

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

12. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Next month SUPER MARIO GALAXY comes out!

I am so excited!

13. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I've narrowed it down to My Sims, Super Mario Galaxy and Fifa 08. Leaning towards My Sims...anyone? :D

14. pcypert macrumors 6502

I have MySims and Fifa...just waiting for Mario Galaxy. You couldn't have picked three games with more differences. Well maybe but none of these games are similar. All give you very different experiences.

Paul

15. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I think I might go Super Mario Galaxy :D looks pretty fun

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Get MySims now.... play it and by the time Mario Galaxy is out you can trade it back in ;)

17. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

waitin forever for super mario brothers 3. where is it??

18. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Well Battalion Wars 2 comes out tomorrow, which is mostly cartoonish strategy. Metroid Prime 3 is good and Mario Galaxy comes out in a month or so.

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My guess, but it's pretty glaringly obvious IMO, is it'll be released around Galaxy.

20. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Hope so. Gettin Galaxy and SMB 3 the day they are out.

21. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Ugh I HATED MySims. Way too dumbed down IMO. Zelda is always a winner, awesome game. Also, not sure if you are into horror/action games but Resident Evil 4 for the Wii is amazing.

22. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Trauma Center is awesome! Play it with my girlfriend all the time. An excellent Wii game for sure.

23. macfan881 macrumors 68020

im guessing that to i hope they put out the allstar world collection for the snes as well.

24. bwanac macrumors regular

Mario Galaxy if you are patient.

Or Zack and Wiki. That is supposed to be awesome.

25. jbstew32 macrumors regular

Zelda was definitely worth it. If you take your time you can get 40-60 hours of play.

The Godfather is a decent game, especially if you are a fan of the movies and Grand Theft Auto. It's missing a bit of depth, but it's a good game. I've heard Scarface is also a very good GTA-type Wii game, but obviously in the 80s time frame instead of the 40s as with the Godfather

Super Paper Mario is a little cartoony and feels a bit kiddy, but I think it's a pretty fun game.

SSX Blur is good for a rental. Steep learning curve, but enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

Call of Duty is another game you might want to rent. Definitely not worth buying, but offers an ok shooter. If you want a shooter though, I'd suggest checking out the new Metroid

I've found IGN's Wii game reviews to be pretty spot on