Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
So today I needed to join a Webex session and just could not get in. So, I called Webex support and after a while troubleshooting, the support tech went away, came back and asked if I am using an Intel Mac. I said that I am and she said they recommand against Intel Macs and that they are not supported. I was a little perplexed and so, said something... can't remember what. In any case, she said the exact same thing again.

I told her that I really don't care what they recommend and that thanked her for the effort.

Hmmm... they recommend against Intel Macs. I am thinking they say that and not just 'we don't support Intel Macs' because they loose out on revenue when they can't create their sessions. So, they want to discourage their use.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
EricBrian said:
So today I needed to join a Webex session and just could not get in. So, I called Webex support and after a while troubleshooting, the support tech went away, came back and asked if I am using an Intel Mac. I said that I am and she said they recommand against Intel Macs and that they are not supported. I was a little perplexed and so, said something... can't remember what. In any case, she said the exact same thing again.

I told her that I really don't care what they recommend and that thanked her for the effort.

Hmmm... they recommend against Intel Macs. I am thinking they say that and not just 'we don't support Intel Macs' because they loose out on revenue when they can't create their sessions. So, they want to discourage their use.

Well, can't use just install a Windows partition and use the Windows partition for web conferencing?

And lastly, why would it make a difference?

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
benthewraith said:
Well, can't use just install a Windows partition and use the Windows partition for web conferencing?
Well, sure, but can they just create an install for Intel Mac?

benthewraith said:
And lastly, why would it make a difference?
Why would what make a difference?

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
EricBrian said:
Well, sure, but can they just create an install for Intel Mac?
The Mac market was already small. The Intel Mac market is only smaller...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.