Recommend an app for resizing images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by councilflat, Sep 10, 2014.

1. councilflat macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I'm looking for an app that can easily resize images to 600x400.
    Photoshop 5.5 has a great feature when using the crop tool, where you can state the target pixel ratio and, using the crop tool, it will convert any portion of a hi res image to the desired ratio.

Does anyone know of an app with a similar tool that's easy to use?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

c

Attached Files:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. councilflat thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Bill. Looks good, I'll check it out and report back

4. councilflat thread starter macrumors newbie

[Resolved] Recommend an app for resizing images

Thanks, EasyBatchPhoto is perfect for my needs

5. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I use Th-MakerX, it's Free. http://www5.wind.ne.jp/miko/mac_soft/th-maker_x/index-en.html

6. councilflat thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Michaelgtrusa. It looks just like EasyBatchPhoto, but it's free!

7. jahala macrumors regular

jahala

I created a service in Automator that takes images files from any application as input. In my case, I first copy the files to a specific folder called "Ad pics" using the Copy Finder Items action and then I resize them using the Scale Images action provided by Preview. The size is the length of the longer side of the picture.

I just select the pictures I want to resize and run the service on them. Then I go to my Ad pics folder to find the smaller ones. It is free, easy to make, easy to use, easy to change or duplicate for a different size. Just make sure you save the service in ~/Library/Services

You may have to enable your new service in Services Preferences. I have attached my workflow as a zip file to help you get started.

Attached Files:

8. councilflat thread starter macrumors newbie

That's great, jahala. Thanks!

I've gone through a manual process using Preview, which allows me to resize a standard photo to 600x450px. I can then manually crop off the extra 50px to achieve the desired 600x400.

I would guess that the automator workflow probably goes as far as getting it to 600x450. But, it's interesting and I'll look into it.

The whole purpose of this is so a lady I know can resize images for her website's image slider, which is 600x400. And, as I've learned today, if it's a standard photo, the height is going to exceed this by 50px. Hence the search for an easy tool!

All great suggestions, though. Many thanks everyone!