Recommend best todo app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MACoconut, Jul 19, 2009.

1. MACoconut macrumors regular

Hello.

I've used todo, things and touchtodo

still can't find the most ideal app.

My requirements are:
    must have reminder programme, alarm&/ pop up
    easy to use, don't have so many categories
    Able to show badge number
    and maybe the ability to sync

thanks!

2. MACoconut thread starter macrumors regular

3. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I got NotifyMe! which I liked but then tried ToDo and found that it worked better for me. They're supposed to coming out with an update for ToDo that will have push notifications and I think that'll complete the app for me.

4. Noumenon macrumors regular

ListOmni is really good, not just for ToDo, but any kind of lists. I like the way it organizes into folders and catagories. It has priority, due date, and status fields, but no alarm or push.

Maybe emailing the developer will motivate them to adding an alarm or better yet integrating with the default Calendar app.

5. MACoconut thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advise.

I guess I'll just have to stick with my current TouchToDo App. (everything's great,except a reminder function).

Only iCal is able to do a pop-up. Hmm. Just have to wait for an update;) fingers crossed*

6. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

If you use ToDo and get it set up with Toodledo.com you can get your todos published in a format that ical will read (can only read not change in ical)

I subscribe to todo into ical this way to view them on my mac

you can also publish them from toodledo so they appear as events in ical, as such you should get reminders (ical and calendar on phone)

7. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

I have used both Things and Appigo ToDo. I like ToDo the best at this point.

8. Marcus263 macrumors regular

If you want alarms you have to go with iCal or something that has push... There is no way to implement alarms in applications because you cannot run them in the background.

9. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Both Toodledo and Remember The Milk support Push Notifications for reminders now.

However this thread should be moved to the App Store forum where this question gets asked a lot.

10. davyreins macrumors 6502

I like Todo a lot. I think they said that in the next update there will be alerts with push notification.

11. lankox macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Toodledo automatically updates the badge every 4 hours, auto syncs with web upon launch and anytime there is a change, has repeats, and does push notifications. Just what the doctor ordered.

12. lankox macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Toodledo automatically updates theb adg. Every 4 hours, auto sync with web upon launch and anytime there is a change, has repeats, and does push notifications. Just what the doctor ordered.