recommend book with illustrations

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by andiwm2003, Aug 22, 2010.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

Hi,

I want to check out the user experience of books with lots of graphs, illustrations on kindle and ibook on the iPad. For that I would like to see a book that has lots of pictures and illustrations and that is well done.

Unfortunately I can't think of a good example.

Does anybody have a good recommendation?

Thanks,

Andi

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iBooks comes with free copy of Winnie the Pooh. Also, the free iPad user guide has lots of illustrations.

Plus, both iBooks and kindle lets you sample first section of books for free, so if you know a book with lots of illustrations or graphs/diagrams, you can download a sample and check it out.

3. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Alice for the iPad Lite is worth looking at. And it's free!

4. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Doesn't use iBooks though, try searching for some popular authors like Doctor Suess or Graham Base. Non fiction books like guide to cats or something would work too.

Edit, I'd search myself but the Aussie ibook store is lousy :p

5. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The iPad guide in iBooks store is free and has plenty of illustrations etc.

7. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Zinio always has some free magazines you can test drive. The app is free. You can download any of ilounge yearly magazines or apple manuals and load them into any of the free readers that do pdf. I load PNG on Goodreader and they look great. I've loaded over 200 PDF Star Trek comics into ReaddleDocs, you can also put photo albums in it or download off your mail account. CloudReaders does a great job with text. With MOBI and LIT I use BookshelfLT for my reading.

Free childrens books off iBooks: Sleeping Beauty: Moment to Remember - Disney Press, Little Miss Mary and the Big Moster Makeover and Winnie.

Remember, you can always load samples. Take a look at the Travel books. Try the Discover Irland as a sample...it's a great way to see 118 pages of photos and maps.

8. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

the background is that a friend (successful author) has an idea for a book with lots of graphs. she want to publish herself. I think if you want to publish something with lots of graphs you have to get some experience what works on paper AND on various screen sizes.

9. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Like I said, try the travel books for a little bit of everything. Easy to locate on ibooks when you look up genre TRAVEL and load a sample.