Recommend External HDD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Vortexfl, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Vortexfl macrumors newbie

Vortexfl

I just got my Mac Mini last week and I love it but I need an extenal hdd.

I was looking at the Lacies and MyBooks but I have heard horror storises about drives failing.

Im looking at the GLYPH technologies ones now they are supposed to be very good.
    Here is the link: http://www.glyphtech.com/site/products/gt050.html

I have read a few articles here that the drives are fine but I just want to make sure I get one my data is safe. I would hate to looks all my music, videos and photos.

Any Recommendations are welcome.

2. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

I would recommend a Seagate. They seem to be the most reliable, and have the best warranties. I also have heard several stories about LaCie's failing.

3. giganten macrumors 6502a

I like my MyBook, very good HDD and it works perfect.
    All brands have bad products some time.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I like the MyBooks. So far with my MyBook Pro I have had no issues. LaCie makes nice drives but the controllers they use don't last. I had 2 300G LaCie which fried out and all data lost.

5. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I have a SeaGate FreeAgent and it has served me very well. The warranty is also something like five years, which is awesome.

I have a friend with a My Book Pro and it has been nothing be reliable as well.

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

7. Vortexfl thread starter macrumors newbie

Vortexfl

Thanks for the responses. Im glad to hear the MyBooks are good drives. I am going to looking into that enclosure that fits the MacMini 1st but having MyBook is a good thing. I always need diskspace.

:cool: