Recommend headset for conference calls with rMPB!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fireproof!, May 29, 2013.

1. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Hey folks,

I did some searching, but didn't find any clear consensus from recent times, so I thought I would ask.

I'm in need for a headset ONLY for conference calls on my retina MBP, primarily for use with VOIP (Go To Meeting and Skype).

I'm interested in clear audio and microphone. I'm not interested in music audio quality or using it for gaming.

I would prefer not to have cans, but am thinking something that is smallish, on-the-ear.

Any thoughts?

2. EricT43 macrumors regular

I don't know about on-the-ear options, but I have a Plantronics .Audio 478 headset that I use at work all day with MS Lync and also with my MBP on Skype and Facetime. Voice and audio quality are both pretty good.

I've also used my Apple iPhone and Klipsch S4i headphones with my MBP, and those both work well, including the volume control buttons. I just don't find earbuds to be as comfortable for long periods, which is why I prefer the Plantronics for work.

3. Fireproof! thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Thanks for your reply. Will check 'me out. I agree about the iPhone earbuds - I'm using them now but they bug my ears after a while.

4. Leonavice macrumors member

I'm using the old Iphone 4 earpiece for my iMac and rMBP. If you can get them somewhere, they are the best.

5. potatis macrumors 6502a

potatis

Bought a Logitech BH320 which connects with USB. Have yet to compare with regular Apple earplugs but they seem to get good reviews with Skype.