Recommend headset for conference calls with rMPB!

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Hey folks,

I did some searching, but didn't find any clear consensus from recent times, so I thought I would ask.

I'm in need for a headset ONLY for conference calls on my retina MBP, primarily for use with VOIP (Go To Meeting and Skype).

I'm interested in clear audio and microphone. I'm not interested in music audio quality or using it for gaming.

I would prefer not to have cans, but am thinking something that is smallish, on-the-ear.

Any thoughts?

EricT43

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
Hey folks,

I did some searching, but didn't find any clear consensus from recent times, so I thought I would ask.

I'm in need for a headset ONLY for conference calls on my retina MBP, primarily for use with VOIP (Go To Meeting and Skype).

I'm interested in clear audio and microphone. I'm not interested in music audio quality or using it for gaming.

I would prefer not to have cans, but am thinking something that is smallish, on-the-ear.

Any thoughts?
I don't know about on-the-ear options, but I have a Plantronics .Audio 478 headset that I use at work all day with MS Lync and also with my MBP on Skype and Facetime. Voice and audio quality are both pretty good.

I've also used my Apple iPhone and Klipsch S4i headphones with my MBP, and those both work well, including the volume control buttons. I just don't find earbuds to be as comfortable for long periods, which is why I prefer the Plantronics for work.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Thanks for your reply. Will check 'me out. I agree about the iPhone earbuds - I'm using them now but they bug my ears after a while.

Leonavice

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
I'm using the old Iphone 4 earpiece for my iMac and rMBP. If you can get them somewhere, they are the best.

potatis

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2006
Bought a Logitech BH320 which connects with USB. Have yet to compare with regular Apple earplugs but they seem to get good reviews with Skype.