Recommend me a BlueTooth headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by njaremka, Mar 21, 2011.

1. njaremka macrumors 6502

I need to get a new handsfree ear piece for my car use. I want it to have decent noise canceling, and a loud enough volume so I can hear it with at least my sunroof open. I don't care if it has music streaming capability.

Alternately, what are your thoughts on the BT speaker boxes? Are there any decent ones available?

I have a Verizon iPhone, if that matters.

2. kicko macrumors 65816

I really like my jawbone. I use it with the windows open on the highway and have not had any complaints about background noise. The sunroof should be ok but i really couldnt say.

3. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I second the Jawbone Icon. People hear me fine most of the time. Sometimes the bluetooth breaks up, but a reboot on the phone and BT solve that. Check ebay to save money. I got mine for 55 bucks

4. njaremka thread starter macrumors 6502

well, if it works with the windows down, it will certainly work with my sunroof open. thanks.

yeah, i dont want anything like that for driving the car.

5. kicko macrumors 65816

most likely it will be fine.

I remember a site with jawbone icons (referb) but it was only$50 if i can find it i'll post the link.
    http://www.cellphoneshop.net/14dicon.html even better and at that price give it a shot.

I got mine from verizon with my 25% discount ;)

6. smeg36 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Another vote for Jawbone. I've been using the Icon for a while, and it's great. Just picked up the Era today, and it's even greater.

7. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Get the Blueant Q2. I have the Q1 and it has been great so far. It also speaks out the phone number that is calling you and you can control the device by voice. The company also releases firmware updates so you can make sure any potential bugs are taken care of.

8. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

The newest Jawbone is not the Icon, but the ERA.

Highly recommend it. I have had 3 or 4 BT ( Parrot, Moto H700, BlueAnt). The Jawbone is best in class, and the ERA is the best of the Jawbone's.

Can use it to listen to music, etc too. Best test is my wife...she hates speaker phone, BT...but the ERA she doesn't complain about at all. Noise cancellation is better than on iPHone 4 by itself.

Also, for iPhone, displays BT battery level on iPhone screen.

http://www.jawbone.com/product-era-overview

9. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Another vote for Jawbone icon. I have "the hero" and love it. Best bluetooth i've ever owned and everybody I talk to doesn't know i'm on a BT. It's super light and I bought it off of ecost.com bulk packaged for around $55.

10. reminis macrumors member

Ive tried many BT

I own a Plantronic 520, Jawbone Era
    Had the original Bluetooth and the Aliph 2.

The Era is just pure AMAZING. In my car with windows cracked the person on other end doesn't even realise I am in a car. Iphone battery meter is cool too.
    A little pricey but its amazing

11. Dahammer macrumors newbie

Love my Blueant Q2. Truely handsfree. Speaks the caller's name if they are in your contact list, the number otherwise. Voice control works great. Streams music. Super loud speaker. Haven't had any complaints talking on it with the windows down or otherwise. Everyone I've asked says they can't tell I'm on a headset.

12. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I do like the icon hero BUT it does intermittently disconnects then reconnects on it's own a few seconds later. Kind of irritating, but very good sound quality and I can listen to music and other stuff from the phone, besides just talking on the phone. It also droops easily, meaning when I have it positioned correctly after a little while it's pointing south and I have to readjust it pretty often.

Did anyone try the new Bose BT? Looks pretty nice but I never saw any reviews on it.