Recommend me a case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by threezero, Nov 17, 2010.

1. threezero macrumors 6502

hey guys i'm ready for a new case and need some recommendation. I'm using the free griffin reveal cf back version right now.I like it, but not too fond of the the flumsy sides. The other one i had but not really using is the incipio feather. Love how it feels but i drop my phone in the feather before and it dented the plastic rubber on the face of the phone :( so not my cup of tea anymore.

Here's what i'm looking for in a case:

-prefer hard case
    -lay on table design
    -cover the whole phone (no snap cases)
    -bigger cutout on the charging port for aftermarket cables
    -does not bubble screen shields (would be nice if it could fit with the back screen protector but not neccesary, must not bubble front screen protector though)
    -$50 and under

My goto case for the 3g was the incase slider. I brought one for the ip4 and had to return it because the ip4 version does not fit with a screen shield :(

Thanks guys :eek:

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

3. austin571 macrumors regular

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Have posted pictures of this combo anywhere?

6. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

I still go with the body glove vibe slide (especially now that I've found it in black as well). Has saved my phone from a half dozen or so nasty drops without a scratch on the phone (the case itself is fairly shredded...but that's its job, let the finish of the case wear instead of the phone itself)

7. austin571 macrumors regular

I like the Ringke silicone better than the one that came with the case mate tough. I think you can order just the outer shell to the case mate. On their website you can even design your own.

Attached Files:

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Is this combo bulky? Hard to tell by the pics. So this is ringke silicone with the case mate tough outer shell, right?

9. austin571 macrumors regular

Right,
    Ringke silicone with case mate tough shell.
    Not bulky at all/ I like the ringke silicone better than case mates because it is not flimsy at the bottom by the sync port.
    Had the defender and while it worked that was bulky. Looked for others to carry in my pocket and did not like the ones with silicone on the outside. It did not slide in and out of my pocket as well.
    I had been through many cases just to put them on ebay. Did not like the slider case because the screen protector would come up. I have the power support protector now, and no problem.
    One day I might think about spending 40.00 to design my own case. Spent well over that with junky cases already!

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I use this. Since you've previously used an Incase Slider, my guess is that this might be a little on the bulky side for you but it does meet all the requirements you listed out.

11. jameswilliam macrumors newbie

Look at other people into his own pocket, not like those silicone on the outside. It does not slip and fall out of my pocket, as well. I like Ringke silicon to one, under difficult circumstances with his teammates better come. I think you can order just the case of shell mating.

12. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Maybe it's just the angle but in the pictures you posted above the case-mate shell doesn't seem to line up quite right around the volume buttons and the vibrate toggle. Also, the silicone seems to come up pretty far onto the screen. Is that annoying when you're playing games or doing anything that requires your fingers to be along the edges of the screen?

13. JASApplications macrumors 65816

14. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

15. austin571 macrumors regular

It is not any harder to depress buttons than with the silicone case that came with the case mate tough. I agree that it looks like the silicone is higher than the outer case, but it is not. The outer shell is just a little bit higher. At first I thought it would not be snug enough to stay in, or too snug that it would pop out. But it has worked great for the past couple of months. Ended my search for the perfect case.