Recommend me a case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ^squirrel^, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I use the Incase Protective Cover. It is similar to the tough case so I would say check it out to see if you like it.

3. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

I too am looking for a new case (I have the griffin elan i think it is called)

I want a slide type pouch but in a very good quality leather that wont bulk the phone out. I have a nice quality brown leather wallet that I would love to get the phone case to match

Thanks in advance

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I tried the Incase Slider for about 30 seconds. I didn't like the edge it left on the screen. I've been naked since July 12 :p. This week I bought a black air jacket and think it's fantastic!

5. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

6. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I bought the Contour Hardskin and love it . Nice rubberized feel, and great protection.

7. ^squirrel^ thread starter macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

This one might be of interest.... I really like it.

http://www.iworld.co.uk/iWorldSite/...Incase_Leather_and_Canvas_Case_for_iPhone.htm

8. dannyar macrumors 6502

QFT. Switcheasy makes hands down the best cases out there. Id say go for the Colors line if you want a slim, beautiful silicone style case with lots of protection. The rebel and neo are also amazing cases on their own.

9. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

thanks for this I appreciate your help.
    I have decided to go with the switcheasy neo. I had my phone out of the leather pouch to answer a text as I was climbing out of my car and it slipped out of my hand. It dropped quite a way ( I have a 4x4). The back is now scratched. I swore several times and then ordered the neo in the hope that if I drop it again with this case on it will still look ok and will look ok with the case on

10. selena12321, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014

selena12321 macrumors member

11. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

In keeping the shape and feel of the iPhone while giving good protection... i recommend Switcheasy's Colors or Incase Slider. I have both. I have the white slider. It's glossy and really is just beautiful on the phone. The Colors is silicon and covers the bottom front part of the phone. It add very little bulk to the phone. In my pocket, the Color's make me forget i have the phone in my pocket. So days i know it will be in my pocket all day, i'll use that. It feels creamy and soft. Not sticky and a link magnet like other silicone cases. Both these cases are similar in their simplicity while providing great protection.

12. Yasic macrumors member

Yasic

i think the Sena UltraSlim Pouch is better quality. Im very happy with it.

[​IMG]

13. lasteve macrumors member

I agree Switcheasy hands down makes the best most protective and stylish cases. They have good customer service as well plus include alot of stuff with their cases.

Here is a pic of my colors which I would recommend to you since your looking for something slim yet protective at the same time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

Go for the standard inCase, especially if you have a 3G. The silicone body fits very well w/ iphone's shape, speakers, headphone jack, etc. And if you're looking for a case that isn't bulky this is definitely a good choice.

15. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Yeah, I really liked the incase silicon protective case also UNTIL it scratched the crap out of my iphone 3g. It scratched the chrome really bad, and scratched the back quite a bit also.

A friend of mine has the exact same silicon incase protective cover and it did the same thing. I searched on these forums, and found that everyone who has had this case for over 3 months had the same issue.

Apparently it collects dust and etc. under the case, and will scratch the chrome from moving around in your pocket. *shrug*

Other than scratches, it was great... so if they don't bother you go ahead and pick it up.

I picked up the incase slider, and couldn't be happier.....so far. Time will tell....

16. prim2 macrumors newbie

I'm partial to the Seidio Innocase Surface. I like the holster too.

17. Hockey man macrumors newbie

Hockey man

I had the incase slider in gloss black which I really liked, but the plastic cracked on the removable bottom piece, so I decided to try a rubber/silicon case. I ordered the Speck Armorskin, and I really really like it. It is very protective, has a nice feel, and it is not too bulky to me. I keep this case on my phone all the time, and I keep my phone in my jeans pocket. It is not a pain to pull out of my pocket. If you have the original iPhone, the case is called the "speck armorskin" but if you have the 3G, the case is called the "speck pixelskin" They are the same case, just renamed and made to fit for the 3G.:apple:

18. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

yes incase slider

Definately the incase slider, I've had my white gloss slider since the first day I got my 3g which was bout a monTh and a half ago and there isn't a scratch on the phone and it fits snug but not too much to the point where it will get stuck. Get this case and you won't regret it, my personal opinion and I am very picky with the cases I use for my phone.

19. Dakotafan macrumors 6502

incase slider is the best case i've seen..I have one and would highly recommend