Recommend me a cheap printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hicks., Jan 15, 2009.

1. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

Hi guys,

I need to buy a cheap all-in-one printer for college work. My old one was an Epson RX420, which was crap to say the least, with little or no support for mac. At the moment it keeps churning out the wrong colours and the print is faded.

So, which make is best for mac? Canon, HP etc? I'm looking to spend about £50. Ink is obviously a consideration too. I don't want to buy a super cheap printer only to find ink costs £25 a pop (like my old one).

Thanks.

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I just got an MP620 Canon all-in one for $99 and it works great on OSX. I'm using it as a network printer and I can scan and do copies on the network. It's connected to my Time Capsule.

Just google Canon MP620.

3. Hicks. thread starter macrumors regular

Hicks.

Thanks for your input. However, they're £73 according to google products here! Looks good printer though, not that I'd need the wireless feature :)

4. MidwestStuck macrumors member

Kodak is the way to go. If you look around online, you probably will find a deal for their all-in-ones. Their ink cartridges are so much cheaper than the crap you pay for Lexmark and all the other major manufacturers.