recommend me a credit report service

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andiwm2003, Sep 2, 2010.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

Hi,

I'm looking for a credit report service to check my credit report from at least one agency (in the US). I had signed up for a service that now seems to belong to Experian.

What pisses me of is that the site is a mess and very confusing.

They try to make you sign up for a 1 dollar report and the fine print says that by that in reality you sign up for a 15 dollar per month membership. I paid 70 dollar per year before that.

Can anybody recommend a site that is trustworthy and offers me daily credit report checks for a reasonable amount of money without being a trap to make me sign away a kidney?

Thanks, Andi

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. andiwm2003 thread starter macrumors 601

andiwm2003

thanks for the links.

however I like to check my credit report every month or so. the old now discontinued service allowed me to login whenever I felt like it and I could see my credit history of the last year or so. That was quite useful because you can see if you missed a credit card payment or if a new account was opened and if somebody did a credit inquiry about me. I'd like to get something like this again but it seems not to exist. It's only this weird services with no report but email notifications or expensive or only monthly updates. Sucks.....

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Truecredit and identitysecure are two services I've used. Both are decent.