Recommend me a good Bluetooth headset for use with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LIVEFRMNYC, May 16, 2011.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Had a Samsung BT for over 4 years and it's been great, but now batt life is kind of short and it's pretty huge for todays average BT headset.

Anyways, I bought a Jabra BT2080 several weeks ago as an impulse buy and it completely sucks. It is extremely comfortable & light weight though.

I'm looking for a good BT Headset that's .........

Stable (A MUST) Whether phone is in pocket or not.
    Has great noise cancellation
    Good earpiece and mic volume
    comfortable & light weight
    Ease of use & connection (as I switch back n forth with my work phone)
    the smaller the better
    And also one that's not delicate.

Don't care about price.

If anyone has any REAL EXPERIENCE USE W/ IPHONE with a BT headset that fits what I need above, please let me know. Thanks. :)

2. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

I tried a few different lower priced options and they all sucked.

After reading reviews, watching CNet's videos, etc... I ended up going with and settling on this guy: http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/voyager-pro-plus

I love it. Very comfortable, plenty of battery life for me, almost never drops connectivity or cuts in/out.

3. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I currently use the blueant q1 and love it. Voice control is great and it speaks out telephone numbers when someone calls you. The q2 which is the newer model is out so you might want to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. LIVEFRMNYC, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011

LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

How's the earpiece volume and does it seem too easily breakable?

Just asking cause I was reading some reviews.

Other than those complaints, it looks good.

Checked out the q2. Connecting two phones at once would be a great feature for me, I just might go for this one. Plus the design is very similar two the Jabra I have now which is very comfortable.

How do find the connection? Is it stable?

5. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Very stable. I've never had it drop on me. Also, firmware can be updated so that's a great plus if any possible bugs pop up.

6. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Earpiece volume is fine to me. I don't need anyone screaming in my ear - but I have never sat back and had to ask anyone to speak up or talk slower while using it.

I dont think it seems easily breakable - but then again I try to take very good care of my stuff. I have a case that I put mine in before it goes in a bag if Im traveling for example. When I am done using it, it always goes on the coffee table if I am at home. I know if I put it on the couch someone will sit on it.

7. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

Any issues with the ear piece? Some have reported that it breaks easily.
    Also, how is the battery life? Many report only about 2 hours.
    Lastly, how is the A2DP? If you turn off the headset, do the calls/texts/etc. go straight to the iPhone?

Thanks. Considering the Q1 for $20 for my iPhone 4.

8. Semyonchella macrumors newbie

Good Bluetooth headset for use with iPhone

Heavily discounted to the point where this one is an extremely good buy. Definitely NOT worth $150 which is the RRP, but not you can buy them for about $65 – a good deal, I think. Not as “Cool” looking as the Jawbone and the usual sales pitch that describes it as, “the optimal road-warrior conversation piece!,” exclamation mark included. As if anyone wants to talk about your Bluetooth headset.

9. pspmanny macrumors newbie

im looking for a bluetooth headset that can connect to my phone wich is an android samsung charge and also simultaneously listen to music of my ipod touch. the only thing about the voyeger pro+ is i don't like the peice that sticks out towards your mouth. so please if anybody has some suggestions

10. GarytheiPhonema macrumors member

GarytheiPhonema