Recommend me a good MFP.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thefunkymunky, Oct 1, 2009.

1. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

Hi dudes,

I'm in need of a good MFP whether that be an inkjet or laser. I don't really want to spend more than £200. Few features I need are ethernet/wireless connections, reasonably quick print speeds with good quality and PC/Mac compatibility.

I've been looking at HP and Canon PIXMA MX7600/PIXMA MX860. What do you guys recommend?

Nick.

2. belvdr macrumors 603

I just bought an OfficeJet 6500 and it works great from both environments. It has both wired and wireless built-in as well as a built-in duplexer.

3. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I'd recommend the HP Officejet Pro 8500 Color Wireless all in one. Your £200 is about US $320, and this printer normally runs about $399, but on sale, you should definitely be able to get it for around $300.

It has wireless/ethernet, legal size scanning bed, duplex printing, and particularly has really long life cartridges. It uses the 940XL series, which gives you around 1400 pages per color cart, and about 2200 pages for the black cart.

It will also print laser quality text if you want (obviously using a little more ink when it does so.)

Hope this helps!