Recommend Me a Laser Printer for Home Use

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by swiftaw, Nov 10, 2009.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

So I have a Canon S820 photo inkjet printer that frustrates me, especially when printing text documents.

Therefore, I have one of two options

1) Get a black & white laser printer to do the document printing and keep the S820 for photos etc.
    2) Get a new printer to replace all the jobs of the S820

I'm looking for recommendations that fit into both categories. One condition, if it's not a network printer, it must be usable via the USB port on my time capsule.

Thanks

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

A good black and white that I have always had good experiences with is the HP Laserjet 1020.

3. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I just got a samsung ML-1630 because it's the smallest laser printer I could find. Fits on my bookshelf, and works perfectly fine through my time capsule.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Assuming you want a printer to replace your existing one…

What's your budget? Do you want color? What's the workload? (ie: Monthly volume)

5. nanofrog macrumors G4

And are there additional features desired that haven't been listed, such as Duplexing, or an AIO/MFC system (Copy, Scan, Fax,...)?

6. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Brother

No Problems with our Brother 2140 B&W Laser. It's often on sale at office stores. Usually on sale for $60-70 even though I saw it for $50 a couple of times.