Recommend me a monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Goettel, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Goettel macrumors member

Hi people,

I would like to buy a cheap monitor to connect to my 15" MBP to get a bit more screen space. I am looking at something around 20-21" with a resolution of 1680x1050 or more for preferably less than 200$ CND.

I was looking at this one

What do you think? Any better monitors?

Nic

2. RDM3 macrumors regular

I have a 20" Hannspree, I got it at Best Buy a few months ago and I paid $149 at the time, but recently have seen it at $120. It has HDMI and is Hi def, I love it!

3. m85476585 macrumors 65816

I have a Dell 2209wa, and it's great. I paid $300 USD for it, but it is an IPS panel, so the color, viewing angle, and picture quality are excellent. It is about double the price of any comparable TN panels, but it was still a lot less than any other similar IPS panels because this uses a new eIPS (economy IPS?) technology that is cheaper to produce. It is 22" and 1680x1050.

4. RqThrottle macrumors member

Dell S2209W - $139 + tax delivered. Heck of a deal for a decent monitor.

5. Eagleoone macrumors newbie

Hannspree Monitor

I have owned a number of monitors that I have had great luck with. Samsung, I-Inc, Acer, and a few others. But I have never seen such poor performance as I have from the Hannspree monitors. I have owned a number of I-Inc and could not get them so I was shipped five Hannspree. Right after a year, two of the five went bad and of course they would not honor the warranty or even offer to get them fixed.

I will never own another HANNSPREE monitor.

6. Saltymac macrumors member

Used Mac 20 inch - just make sure the power supply is working. It looks good with your notebook and can be calibrated with your computer.

7. oldguru macrumors member

8. rex450se macrumors regular

I've got the HP Pavilion 22bw and have been pretty happy with it. I think I paid just over $120 at Best Buy. It's a 1920*1080 IPS screen and looks great next to my 15 rMBP.

Victor