Recommend me a mouse with these stats

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by n8mac, Mar 1, 2009.

1. n8mac macrumors 6502

Been using one button :apple: mice most my computing existence and now my control button and arrow keys are getting worn so I need a scroll wheel and right click.

Recommend me a mouse with these stats please.
    Must have...
    1. Wired
    2. Compatible with USB 1.1
    3. Scroll wheel or ball
    4. Left and right click buttons
    5. Under $50USD
    6. No fast track speed
    Preferred...
    1. Large mouse for large hands
    2. Looks good with :apple: keyboard and desktop

I know that Apple's Mighty Mouse fits these stats but I am apprehensive with all the bad reviews with the scroll ball and right click problems. I need a mouse that will last. I am fine with a used mouse if need be. I love the look of the Apple Pro mouse but have grown into a scroll ball as I web surf a lot and a right click as I game a lot that makes heavy use of right/control click. Just for the record I have plenty of USB ports. Also the fast track speed of some of these 'PC' mice is maddening to say the least.

Thanks
    n8

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Fast track speed can be disabled, and looking good is very subjective—what I think looks good may not be ideal for you.

If you want something for large hands, I would have said the MX 1000 from Logitech, but unfortunately that's not wired; most Logitech mice offer those that you needs; something like G9 should be good.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Apple Mighty Mouse
    [​IMG]
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB112LL/A?mco=MzE2OTkyOA

Does all the things you listed, left, right click etc, has a scroll ball, is in your budget, and looks great with Apple equipment.
    People who write negative reviews about the scroll ball don't follow Apples instructions and turn it upside down and rub it on a piece of paper once a month for 5 seconds to clean it. Plus the expose and programmable buttons feature is really useful.

Failing that get a Logitech, but i find they track too fast for me, even on slowest speed.

4. n8mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys. I think a used MM should do then. The 360 scroll ball should do nicely in my games :). Logitech gets so many recommendations that I will try them out if the MM doesn't work out. :apple:FTW!