Recommend Me A Photography Movie

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SubaruNation555, Nov 27, 2010.

1. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

I am currently teaching a photo class and am trying to plan out the rest of my semester.

The students will spend the last week before winter break showcasing a project they are working on. However, I thought it might be nice to spend the last day of class watching a movie.

Are there any interesting videos about photography/photographers that might appeal to HS juniors/seniors and be less than 1.5 hours?

Thanks for your time.

2. gnd macrumors 6502a

gnd

You could try a series of documentaries "Travels to the Edge With Art Wolfe". Each episode is about 25 minutes long. These are travel documentaries from a photographer's point of view.

3. Kyffin macrumors 6502

If it were your last day I'd say get "City of God" on the go, but theres this list which might be more helpful...
    http://www.aphotostudent.com/2009/11/30/movies-about-photography/

Surprising there's not been some self-reflexive-whose fourth wall type film with a troubled loner stood wide eyed behind the glass at the gates of oblivion (or at least not one I can think of), but I imagine the point photographing great stories isn't to be a part of them.

4. Policar macrumors 6502a

5. Beamengine macrumors newbie

Pepping Tom is very good, one of Scorcese's favourite films, but possibly not suitable for your audience. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054167/

'The Third Man' has great cinematography, but so do hundreds of other films.

'Burden of dreams' is a great documentary about making Werner Herzog's 'Fitzcarraldo'. Some brilliant footage of Kinski losing it.

6. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem