Recommend me a printer to use with Aperture 3

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by stir fry a lot, Aug 2, 2011.

1. stir fry a lot macrumors newbie

I've had terrible luck with color profiles on my Canon multipurpose printer and from my understanding it is Aperture that is corrupting them. Can somebody please recommend me a good photo printer? I'm willing to spend around $700 & would like something that doesn't drink ink like there's no tomorrow. Canon's EZ Print software doesn't work well on Mac's either so I'm leaning towards an Epson.

2. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

I friend of mine that has his own printing business, says that color lasers are the way to go. Can get great quality, for less price per copy, and the lasers are not so fussy about paper type.

3. jcpenn macrumors member

I dont suggest you get multi-purpose printer. If you spend 700 dollars on two machines, one is purely fax/copy/scan machine, one is Epson 1400 or R1900 printers. that would be a better idea. There are some sensor and paper feed problem in most mutipurpose printers so try to avoid them.

If you want to save inks, get a decent bulk ink system, CIS, like http://www.InkRepublic.com they are providing the best 3rd party inks.
    check the real experience from some real users
    http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/BarryKishimoto-R1900/review.asp

4. mofunk macrumors 68020

mofunk

lol all of them drink ink. What I've done was get on those ink deals with office supply stores. That will bring down the cost.

I have a Canon Pixma MP640 printer and it works well with my Mac. When I connected it, I didn't use the disc to install the driver. (don't ever do that. use the disc smh)) I let OSX find the driver online. Then I print from either Aperture or preview. Compared to the photos I've printed from the camera shop, they look great.

You can check out Pixma Pro 9500