iPad Pro Recommend me a sleeve for a 12.9-inch iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard Folio

Discussion in 'iPad' started by swiftaw, Apr 21, 2019.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

HI, I bought the new 12.9-inch iPad Pro last November when it launched. I also use it with the Smart Keyboard Folio, which provides enough protection for everyday use.

However, when 'm traveling, I'd like to use a sleeve for additional protection so I'm looking for suggestions that people might have.

Thanks.

2. kshitijshah macrumors regular

the amazon basics 13.3 sleeve is a cheap and well built option but does not provide a snug fit.

3. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

I agree that it’s well built.

4. Supercookiemonster macrumors newbie

Supercookiemonster

I wish it came in 11inch, the brown one looks fantastic
    Write this on amazon:

iPad Pro 12.9 Case 2018 with Apple Pencil Holder TOOVREN Tri-fold Stand iPad Leather Sleeve PU Protective Pouch Cover iPad 3rd Generation Case for Apple iPad Pro 12.9 Black

5. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

6. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

I have no idea why but, to me, P&Q seem to make their products for the few. I just can't see the majority carrying around separate bluetooth keyboard. Plus they keep using 3m tape for their leather iPad cases. By the time someone spends $99 on Apples keyboard, $139.95 for P&P case (to prop up the iPad) and $119.95 on their new leather sleeve it would be cheaper to just buy Apples new Folio keyboard and be done with it.

7. jazz1 macrumors 68000

jazz1

I too wonder about the adhesive for use with their folio style goods. They do make one with a wood frame version that does not use an adhesive. I suppose the drawback there is a thicker, heavier product.

But, more to the point, I think this leather sleeve looks a lot better than my Apple plastic folios. I don't think I'd carry my 12.9 2018 around in just an Apple Folio cover.

In fact I already have two sleeves not made by this company. I was thinking some people might place the Apple folio or the Keyboard folio in the P&Q sleeve. The other compartment would of course be a little redundant. I just think the thing looks classy!

One nice thing about this maker is that returns are easy from my experience with them.

8. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

I use a CushCase sleeve with my 2016 MacBook Pro which I then put in my laptop bag or case when travelling. They also make them for iPads and other devices. Good quality inexpensive sleeves, has kept the MacBook in mint condition.

9. RevTEG macrumors 6502a

RevTEG

The P&Q sleeve does look good. I wonder if the buckle area will lay flat? It’s not very compact looking. I keep my iPad I. Apples folio or keyboard folio. I did cover the outside of the keyboard folio with a real would skin. Wish they made it for the regular folio too. Looks pretty good for meetings and such. Other than that I keep iPad/folio/keyboard in my backpack or messenger bag, according to the meetings that I have for the day. I did pick up a cheap amazon sleeve. Works great. Seems good but I really haven’t needed it.

10. mr_jomo macrumors newbie

Seconded.

Since Be-ez stopped developing sleeves for newer iPads CushCase provides a good and cheap alternative.

11. sickoagb, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019

sickoagb macrumors member

For my 11” I use the Amazon Basics 11” sleeve which is perfect. I use the 13” for my MacBook Pro and it’s great too so I assume it’d work fine with your iPad