Recommend me a Wireless router plz?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by surajnangia, May 27, 2007.

1. surajnangia macrumors 6502

Hi.

I have a macbook pro and a new macbook. Plz could you recommend me a wireless router.. I just need it for wireless internet in my house. My house is a bit big so will require a router with good range.

Thanks

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Apple Airport Extreme Base Station has excellent range and you get the added benefit of wireless n between the two laptops.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If your house is bigger, then I recommend you look at wireless N routers. If you can afford the new airport extreme from Apple, that would work the best. Otherwise Linksys is ok and Netgear is ok, I haven't had experience with other brands though.

4. beingme macrumors member

i second the apple airport router, plus you can also plug your printer into it and print wirelessly from any of your computers. i wished i had one but i have dsl and it came bundled with this modem/router hybrid thing that doesn't allow me to attach another router. :(

5. Shotgun Pete macrumors regular

I definately do reccomend the apple airport extreme. If you cant/wont get that then either a Linksys or a Belkin. (NEVER a dlink)

6. surajnangia thread starter macrumors 6502

wats the adv of apple over the others.... just lookin for internet

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

A vote for the Belkin N1 (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=273526) here. Nothing wrong with the others, but this is the unit I ended up with, and it's reliable, been bulletproof, and works with the Xbox360 wirelessly.

No USB out for printers/storage, but I have a networked printer anyway, and share the mass storage with the desktop.