Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Lightroom folks: Yes, I used the LR trial. It's a nice app, but the deep grey used in the interface is difficult for me to read. Thank you in advance for your comments.

I have finally moved up to a professional photo management system that I hope will meet my needs as an "upward mobile hobbyist". As with most software these days, it comes with a tiny little manual, so I'm interested in asking my photo brethren/sisteren types for suggestions on how to make the most of this. I have experience with PhotoShop, which I will keep, and I'm good at figuring stuff out on my own.

Suggestions?

Dale

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
I have the Aperture 3 book by Peach Pit. Here is a link. I had it pre-ordered. It is a GREAT booK!! Amazon

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
I'm not an Aperture user, but I can give you a more "global" suggestion that can either replace the purchase of a book or complement it. I personally find the various video tutorials out on the web (I think Apple probably produces some of their own) far better for learning purposes than a book. It's much easier to see the changes and follow along as opposed to seeing them done in a book (for me).

However, I don't really do heavy PP, so many of my tasks are pretty simple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.