Recommend some sweet jailbreak apps!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mikelegacy, Dec 21, 2010.

1. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I'm new to jailbreaking, and I was wondering what cool apps you guys use. I know there's another thread similar to this, but the OP said not to name the obvious well known ones and since I don't really know of any besides MyWi, I need to learn about the obvious ones! haha

2. bgro macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ones I use are:

Lockinfo
    PDA Net
    SB Settings
    Elert
    My3G

Plenty more out there but those are the essentials imo

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvEquAWZfio

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You might want to check out this thread from the first page of this forum.

5. mikelegacy, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010

mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

If you read my post fully, you would realize that I referenced this thread and said that I NEED TO KNOWN THE WELL KNOW CYDIA APPS THAT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW, and the OP of that thread asked that those not be discussed.

They are very different situations. Thanks :cool:

6. labman, Dec 21, 2010

labman macrumors 604

labman

wow a little attitude there I guess you missed the part in the forum rules recommending you search before asking questions. Google and forum search will find all you need. Also just a suggestion thelatinist is a well respected member of this forum and has helped many people here. My guess is someday you will want his advice. I wouldn't get on his bad side.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=best+cydia+apps&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

SBRotator 4: rotates the home screen

CallTell: announces the caller before the iPhone rings.

Synchronicity: Ability to sync the iPhone and still use the capabilities.

GridLock: rearrange the icons.

8. mikelegacy, Dec 21, 2010

mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

The whole point of my post is so that i can DISCUSS the apps that are mentioned. I can't do that by performing a google search and reading articles. I post on these forums for the discussion, if I didn't want that, then I would read articles all day long.

And Im not trying to get on anyone's bad side, but his italicised "first page" was quite offputting. So far I haven't had to deal with many "im a senior member of this forum so I can give you attitude and expect none back" members and I don't expect to have to. I'm not saying that's what he is, and I'm not mentioning anyone in general, but I hate going to forums like that, and I love this one for the sole fact that I don't have to deal with that.

But if it makes you feel better, I edited my post. I don't want any trouble, but just because someone is well respected doesn't mean that they should be allowed troll the newer members. I will always have that firm stance. Again, this isn't necessarily speaking about this situation.

9. mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Very nice. That sBRotator sounds very intriguing. How does it effect the springboard when you actually rotate the screen? I'm guessing the just re-arrange. Can you customize where they are rearranged to when you rotate? That that would be cool.

10. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

It doesn't effect it that much. You can lower the size of the icons and turn off the titles. It's a pretty neat app.

*edit* in the screen shot (just took) WeatherIcon is a neat app too. The icon changes to the current temperature of your city.

Attached Files:

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

SBRotator allows for a lot of customization but overall I find it pretty useless (and definitely not worth the coin). You can immediately tell why Apple doesn't rotate the homescreen on the iPhone and iPod touch.

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I think his point is that you post in an existing thread and not start a new one. If you want to know why just take a look at the Forum Spy and how many people start new threads about the EXACT same questions. A great example is questions on how to jailbreak iPhone 4. It's simply ridiculous.

13. Applejuiced, Dec 21, 2010

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Be nice:)

14. mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I am being nice :) I was merely explaining how I don't like whole "treat the new guy like an idiot because he's new" physique that many forums take part it. I am glad that this one has very little of that :p

15. mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I definitely don't disagree with you, I just felt that my question was completely different from the other thread. I didn't want to intervene into a thread that the OP specifically stated he didn't want to talk about the popular Cydia apps, and do just that. That's all :)

16. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I completely agree that the other thread was not for you. There are definitely many other "Best Cydia apps" threads though.

17. choice macrumors regular

18. mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Yeah, I just have a thing about posting in threads that haven't been posted in for a long time. No big deal. I know when I owned a Graphics Resource forum a while back, I encouraged people to write new threads. It just helps the forums stats :)

19. QuarterSwede, Dec 21, 2010

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I understand. I don't like posting in older threads either. It's just that when you're on such a popular forum it helps to maintain the structure and organization to not create new threads when existing ones would do. It's easier to reference people to them as well if there is only one per question.

20. mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Yeah, I understand, I was just explaining my reasoning :)

21. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Welcome, as you can see we like searching before posting here.

also, double posts are a no no, edit exists for a reason

welcome and gl i guess

22. QuarterSwede, Dec 21, 2010

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Yeah, that was an accident.

And because I've helped get this thread so far off topic and I feel guilty here is my list:

afc2add (Allows USB root level access - for use with PhoneDisk, etc.)
    Airplane SBSettings (Airplane mode toggle for SBSettings)
    AirVideo Enabler (enables AirPlay for more than just YouTube)
    Autolock SBSettings (Autolock SBSettings toggle)
    CyDelete (Delete Cydia apps from the homescreen. Mimics Apple's way to delete apps)
    Facebook Logo for OpenNotifier
    Fake Operator 1.0.1 (change the operator string in the menubar)
    FolderCloser (closes folders when you launch an app)
    iFile (Think Finder for iDevices)
    iRetiner (makes non retina display res icons retina display res by using their iTunes artwork)
    MobileTerminal (Terminal for iDevices - find this in other repos for current version)
    My3G (tricks the iDevice into thinking it's on wifi. Better quality YouTube, download apps over 20MB, FaceTime on 3G)
    No Bookmarks (stops Bookmarks from loading in Mobile Safari when you've exited with a blank page and relaunched)
    NoAccessorySplash iOS4 (Gets rid of the "This Accessory is not compatible" warnings. Also allows the iPod app to be used with headunits that normally take over control [just show the Accessory connected screen]).
    OpenNotifier (Adds indicator icons to the status bar for any app - looks stock)
    OpenSSH (Allows you to SSH into the phone from terminal or SFTP app like Cyberduck or WinSCP)
    PhoneCloser (Closes the phone app after hanging up a call)
    Retinasizer (Forces games to use retina resolution. Only works with some games)
    SBSettings (Must have quick toggle panel - access from anywhere)
    Serious SBSettings HD (Beautiful retina res theme for SBSettings)
    SpringFlash (Turn LED light on - for use with Activator)
    StayOpened (Keeps you in the App Store after purchasing an app)
    SwitcherMod 0.2-19 (Allows you to see which apps are still in memory or hide them - gives you the ability to drag them off the multitasking dock to close them and also to reorder them)
    WeatherIcon (Live weather for the weather app or weather channel app - can also display temp on status bar)

I hope that extensive list helps.

23. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

What does this mean? What does your physique have to do with anything?