Recommend something for me buy from the Apple Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by guitargoddsjm, Jan 1, 2010.

1. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

I returned an iPhone case w/o a receipt a couple of months ago and got an Apple Store gift card for about $40. Recommend something under, howabout $80, for me to get.

Already have:
    • Macbook
    • apple wireless kb
    • iphone 3G
    • HK soundsticks (speakers)
    • Bose NC headphones
    • a Wacom tablet
    • an MX Revolution, but I might not be totally against getting a Magic Mouse...
    and probably other things, but we'll see as the posts come

2. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm... that's actually a pretty good idea, it might help me start running too haha.

Do you need Nike shoes to use it?

edit: That probably won't work, I took a look on Apple's website and it looks like you need a 3GS to use it

3. Jamo12 macrumors regular

Jamo12

I personally don't like the magic mouse too much. Maybe an incase sleeve for your MacBook? I use those all of the time and i feel much better about carrying it around in a backpack (I also got a laptop bag with padding for Christmas so i'm not using it nearly as much anymore though:rolleyes:). oh and if you do get one, get a black one... Dirt shows up easily on other colors.

4. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Already have one in black; my girlfriend used to work at Best Buy and she got everything at cost + 5%, so it ended up being like 10 bucks

Maybe I'll get one for her in a fun color... She's been using a Targus case for 14.1" computers, and it's slightly loose

Keep 'em coming

5. Jamo12 macrumors regular

Jamo12

Any software you've been looking at? Maybe a couple video games or iWork or something along those lines.

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you don't already have it, the iPhone dock is rather handy. In addition you might consider an external hard drive if you are in need of more space.

7. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

How about one of those tiny brand new iPod Shuffles?

8. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Hm, I think I have all the software I need at the moment... I've tried iWork and it's okay, but I'm a slave to MS Office. I'm crushed with schoolwork in college (and on top of that I'm trying to find a way to make some money) so video games probably aren't a good idea haha

It's hard to justify paying 30 bones for a (glossy) piece of plastic, so I bought a fake dock on eBay for less than $5. If it's crap, maybe I'll get the Apple one (or the universal dock w/ the remote). I have a 500 gig external HD which has served my purposes thus far, but maybe I'll get a larger one... A little pricy though.

I've actually been playing around with that idea. They're so tiny, it's like an impulsive thing for me. It might be handy at the gym, but I have been using my 5th gen ipod (w/ video) without any problems...

9. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

For other people that come to this thread looking for an iphone dock. This is a great solution. I made it myself (I don't actually use it because I got the glossy piece of plastic) :rolleyes: iPhone paper dock

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

It depends on what you need, of course, but you could consider an external HD for about that price range.

11. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

The most pathetic part is that they converted it into a PDF. They weren't happy leaving it as a harder to download HTML. ;)

You can always buy a gift for you girlfriend. That's always nice.
    Or me. (I'm kidding, get her a gift, seriously!)

12. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Any recommendations? Votes for the magic mouse?

13. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

The magic mouse is alright, but I don't like it nearly as much as my MX Revolution. It's not nearly as convenient. How about a laptop stand. I use a Griffin Elevator and it's awesome! How about some Shure SE115 headphones? They are about $100 but are great and much more portable than your Bose headset

14. Kupoback macrumors member

I second the shure headphones. I own the SE210 headphones and they are the best as far as sound quality and portability. They are amazing!!! So I'm sure the SE110 is just as good. shure is a very reliable and very good name brand for music. They have the best wireless and microphones, and that quality has rubbe off on their headphones.

Credibility: professional musician :)

15. guitargoddsjm thread starter macrumors 6502

Griffin Elevator vs Rain mStand?

off topic: I've been experiencing a tightness in my right forearm/wrist/fingers. I'm operating under the assumption that it's related to carpal/repetitive stress. Any suggestions (other than not using the computer). Mousepad w/ wrist cushion? Wrist brace? I'll probably see a physician when I get back to school...

16. hackum macrumors regular