Recommend workout earphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by safetyobc, Sep 29, 2014.

1. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

NO inline mic on wired earphones please. Also want in ear. I would like Bluetooth earphones if someone has a good recommendation.

I exercise a lot. Running several miles a week. Typically on a treadmill but sometimes on the street. Also lift weights several times per week.

I've used wired ear phones for the last 4 years but they keep breaking. The wire doesn't break but one side quits working.

I'd like to stay under $50. I will consider wired if they will hold up to the impact and sweat.

I've had 2 sennheiser and 1 MEElectronics. Both of them quit working on the right ear after a few months use.

Thanks for any recommendations.

2. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I've read that Jaybirds work pretty well. I have no experience with them yet, but I'm planning on picking them up pretty soon. Look into it if you haven't yet.

3. makinbiscuits macrumors member

honestly if you're looking to stay under 50 bucks just find something around 15-20 bucks that's comfortable in your ear and don't worry if you lose or break them.

4. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

5. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I know you said you wanted to keep it at $50 however can't help but recommend the Jaybird BlueBuds X. They have been some of the best earphones I have used for working out and the Bluetooth is a bonus. Well worth the price you pay.

6. SMacDuff macrumors 6502

SMacDuff

Another vote for the LG's. And at the price linked, they're a steal. They sound great, connect easily and provide voice feedback.

7. safetyobc thread starter macrumors 6502

safetyobc

The LG's don't bounce around on your neck? Or fall off when doing things like bench press, etc?

8. djr222 macrumors newbie

9. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

So which ones you finally bought ? (if you already did ?) ... I'm waiting for my LG Tone+ HBS-730

10. safetyobc thread starter macrumors 6502

safetyobc

I haven't gotten anything yet. I contacted MEElectronics about the ones I am using now. The right side quit working. They were covered by their 1 year warranty so I mailed them off today for repair or replacement.

11. dealmaker macrumors regular

Has anyone tried any of those bone induction ones that sit on your cheekbone instead of your ear.

I have the same problem as the OP - I use in ear buds at the gym...let sick of them dropping out or losing the "seal" (hence no bass) due to sweat, wires. Tangling, and eventually one side of the buds stopping working.

I want a reliable Bluetooth headset or headphones, that is resistant to sweat and the failure caused by that, is wireless and has a decent sound.

My shortlist seems to be some sort of over ear headphones (but worried about how much sweat will build up underneath URGh) ......the Bluez 2 headshokz bone induction ones (but heard reports of sweat failures) - or the Beats in ear wireless buds?