Recommend your favorite Audiobook

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jmona, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Jmona macrumors 6502a

Jmona

So as it turns, I've ran out of good books in Audiobook format.
    I need recommendations. Mainly because although I'm an avid reader, my husband just finished listening to The Martian and he loved the whole Audiobook experience so now he's asking for more books. Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance!!! :)

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

3. Jmona thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jmona

Well, SciFi, adventure, fantasy, science, suspense or a thriller even. Nothing erotic though. :p Poor man was surprised I begged him to watch GoT and well, the books have enough in'em he couldn't stand the audio. Maybe something else. Hit me up with whatever you like. Your favorite audiobook and we'll look it up and maybe he'll listen to it! He's slowly coming back to literature (even if it's narrated) so I want to make it easy and pleasant for hi and you can help me with that!

Thanks again.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

On Audiobook I've really enjoyed the following series/books:
    • The Ender series, by Orson Scott Card.
    • Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
    • Ken Follets Pillars of the Earth
    • Michael Crichtons Jurassic Park
    • The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. (A warning here, some of the 14 books are up to 42 hours long!)
    • Tarzan, by Edgar Rice Burroughs

I also know my girlfriend has quite enjoyed the Harry Potter books on audiobook, and you can't really miss with those if you have good imagination. :p (And she is quite the critic, as she owns the books both in english and our native language, so she has a certain level of expectations)

And while I haven't actually read it on audiobook, I will also recommend my favorite book series: Dan Simmons' Hyperion cantos. It is *amazing* hardcore scifi. 8)

5. Jmona thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jmona

I actually throughly enoyed all the Enderverse Series by OSC. In fact I got them books all signed for my son since he is the biggest fan of the series. Now just waiting for the last book in the "shadows" series that covers Bean and his Children after Bean died as a giant in a different planet and now his children with Petra Arkanian are the new colonizers. We've gone through some of the ones you referred to as well as all the HP books by JK Rowling. I have to say I absolutely LOVED the narrators for the Enderverse books. :) Specially Stefan Rudnicki.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I very much liked Robertson Dean's narration of Bob Baer's memoir of his training and times in the CIA, See No Evil.

7. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I highly recommend "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" read by Stephen Fry, as well as the BBC Radio Theatre release (of the same book series) all found on Audible.

9. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I have an audio book problem... and this is not all of them...

Attached Files:

10. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The Harry Potter series is great and last for a long time on audiobook :D.