Recommendation for a calendar app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kylera, Jul 4, 2011.

1. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

One thing I miss from Windows 7 is how I can have the calendar pop up by clicking on the clock. Is there an app that can replicate that function, by any chance? Or work like MailTab by having an icon in the system menu?

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Clicking on what clock? The one in the bar in the top right corner?

3. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Right. In Windows 7, if you clicked on the clock, a calendar would pop up. I'd like recommendations for an app that can either replicate that function, or have an icon in the system menu (is that the correct term?) that would expand to a calendar if I clicked on it.

EDIT: By calendar, I don't mean scheduling and all that -- just literally a box showing the days of the month.

4. Nikh macrumors regular

At Mac App Store there is a free app, called 'Calendar'. It is somehow ugly, and targeted for scheduling and so on, but it shows calendar as well.

5. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Consider MenuCalendarClock iCal. The icon resides in upper right corner of menu bar, and it integrates with iCal. I have used it for several months and works well.

6. kylera thread starter macrumors 65816

kylera

Thank you Nikh and exegate77 for your suggestions. I went with MenuCalendarClock simply because the calendar for that one is smaller :D But I'll keep the very aptly named Calendar in the back of my mind as well.

7. Brian33 macrumors 6502a

Dashboard calendar

I'm not on my iMac at the moment so I can't give the exact name, but there's a calendar widget for Dashboard. Once you've added it, just click on the Dashboard icon in your dock or press the hotkey for it and it'll pop up. Not necessarily better, but different.

8. VeeGee90 macrumors member

VeeGee90

I think Fantastical is just what you need. It's in the AppStore. It is actually quite expensive but I think it's worth the money :)

9. karl878 macrumors member

Like Brian33, I use a Dashboard widget: iCal.wdgt

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

With very little work and a free program called geekscript and have your calendar show on your desk top... you can even set it up to show you a 90 day period of time and have the meetings/events show up toward the bottom. This is what I use and love it. I don't have to open up any calendar app I just look at my desk top!