Recommendation for a new 4S user

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wsnook, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Wsnook macrumors newbie

I am using a iPhone 4 now and will get a 4S-16GB this weekend.

I am using an incipio feather for my iPhone 4 and want to try something new

I have been reading a lot of reviews and try to determine what should I get. Honestly I dont want to spend too much on the accessories:

Budget: Less than $30 on the case and screen protector

Something had ruled out:
    Otterbox - too bulky
    Desmay - no protection at all
    ALL METALLIC Cases
    NO BUMPER cases

Something I am considering:

Lifeproof - little bit pricy

Any suggestion...please .. .thanks for your help!!

2. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

My suggestion is to read this forum. Question has been asked and answered a few hundred times. Just look thru some threads.

3. Wsnook thread starter macrumors newbie

I am reading it but this forum is dominated by metallic cases which I dont like

4. anirudh, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

anirudh macrumors 6502

Yeah, right! All of us said the same thing the day we got our iP4/4s :D

As for recommendations, its based on your choice really. The accessories section has 99% of its treads related to cases. Have a look at them

EDIT: Check out the Magpul Field Exec case. Looks sharp and provides protection without being bulky

5. mk21cb macrumors newbie

Any chance at all?

If there is any chance at all your phone will EVER be out in the rain dropped from the car door, fall off the anything then get a LifeProof case. I'm an outdoors type person Diving to Mt climbing, there was no other choice for me but the LifeProof, My office is the great outdoors. Maybe your and accountant or some other type of indoor office person and never have to deal with rain, snow, mud, or sand, but on the off chance one day you might have to you can take a pic and make a call about it while its going on with no worries about your phone. I LOVE my LifeProof case and got my wife one as well (she works in a tax office)

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

"If"? There's always a chance for every person out there...

7. nate13 macrumors 6502

nate13

I'll tack this in here since it's relevant... I had an otter box defender, didn't like the plastic screen protector. I now have the Ivyskin wrangler. It's a little expensive, but theres the glass screen protector, and a solid slide on design. I work in a industrial setting and haven't had much of a problem, plus cleaning it is easy.

But if you have a best buy across the street, just pick up an otter box commute and a screen protector, it's a *cheap safe bet.

8. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Wife just got me an Otterbox Commuter case. Not really as bulky as I thought, probably only slightly more than the incipio edge. For something similar to the feather, check out the Elago slim fit. Same concept, but IMO, the Elago is much nicer looking than the feather, plus it's normally like $10 through Amazon.

9. cole01 macrumors 6502

10. guccigucci88, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Uhhh how is this forum dominated by metallic cases? Theres like 4 or 5 threads about those type of cases out of tens of thousands of threads. Almost every type of case has been reviewed or looked at in these forums so I highly doubt you have gone through these forums at all.

11. Wsnook thread starter macrumors newbie

Gone through all the forums?? you kidding?? But what I mean is the front page is dominated by metallic case which personally I dont like...

12. daemonite macrumors member

Elago glide, Otterbox Commuter, Incipio Silicrylic (My favorite right now)

13. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

Case-Mate Phantom is pretty nice and protective. You can get it for $35 if you sign up to get the discount code on their Facebook.