Recommendation for an app to quickly access files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UnibodyMac, Jul 23, 2012.

1. UnibodyMac macrumors newbie

I'm looking for an app similar to PrimeFiles or Essentials, but that automatically populates a group/category with the contents of a selected folder. I also want to be able to select files in subfolders without opening finder.

I constantly work on multiple projects, each of which has it's own folder on my system. I would like to find an app that I can assign each current project to a group/category and the contents of the folder will be populated in the group/category. In this way I can bring up the list of all my projects and quickly open documents.

I've been searching and can't find an app that does what I'm looking for. Sidefolders, Primefiles, and Essentials are all close but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.

2. mrderik macrumors member

Greetings -

I use a program called "Disk Order" it's not in the App Store but available from www.likemac.ru

It's a relatively simple program, and some of the 'features' don't work all that well - like "view" doc and xls doesn't work. But it does have exactly the layout features that I needed - two main windows with 'tabs'. And the ability to have my local drive in one window and my Network drive & folders in the other. Drag and drop between them, right click 'send to' email, etc.

D.