Recommendation for Financial Software w/ Snow Leopard??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidg4781, Aug 31, 2009.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

What are y'all using to manager your money with Snow Leopard? I was trying out MoneyWell but ran out of transactions. I was entering in all my scheduled payments when it happened.

I'm updating to Snow Leopard doing an Erase and Install. I have everything backed up already, and was about to start the erasing part.

Maybe I'll just do an upgrade over my current system until I can see how Quicken Financial Life turns out. I was happy with the last beta, even though it was missing some functionality. I'd just hate to spend $$ on MoneyWell or something else and not be happy, only to have to spend money again on QFL.

Any ideas folks?

2. mongrol macrumors regular

The idea of the trial of MoneyWell was to see if it makes you happy or not. If you are happy you buy it. Wasn't the trail long enough for you to make a decision?

There's lots of threads on personal finance managers if you search. More than any other app there was even a thread recently on free ones. (Gnucash, Cashbox, Strongbox, jGnash, etc). Personally, I wrote my own since none of them do budgeting properly (Moneywell is closest).

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

It kind of wasn't long enough. I set up my credit cards and that put me pretty close to the 200 transaction limit.

It was ok, but for $50, I'm going to wait and see what Quicken comes up with. Personally, I liked their last QFL beta and would have bought it once all the functionality was added. For now, I'm staying with Quicken 2006.

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

When I came over to the Mac I was an MS Money user so for a time I booted Windows in a VM, but that became annoying.

I held my nose and bought Quicken 2007, but never really liked it. I'm trying to minimize the amount of PPC-based apps I run so I bought Fortora Fresh Finance when I upgraded to Snow Leopard and for the most part I like it. I tried a bunch of the others (iBank, Cha-Ching), but they just didn't really do it for me.

5. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I hear ya. I'm still searching for one and still booting into VM just to use Money. I'd probably do that forever, but now that Microsoft is dropping it I guess I'm going to have to switch.

6. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka