Recommendation for iphone 4 case for female?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by edwardfoster, Apr 9, 2011.

1. edwardfoster, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011

edwardfoster macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have just brought an iPhone 4 and looking for a case as a gift to my wife.:p

does anyone here can recommend a good protective case for female?

I've been searching all over google for a female style case.

(sgp,incase,case-mate?)

or maybe any other independent designer brands who make iphone 4 cases.

one of my friends just recommended me this ,

http://www.ladiescase.com

It's interesting as it came with cosmetic mirror + card holder.
    any comment?

but before I spend $$money on a case , would like to seek for suggestion if there is anything else special out there.

how about those DIY case on incase/case-mate website , anyone tried before?

PS: It's kind of surprise :eek:, as those cases on ladies case website is listed to be work with iphone 5 as well.:confused:

seems like the leak on alibaba.com about iphone 5 cases, saying the look of next gen iphone is more or less same as iphone 4 could be a real deal.
    It is interesting to learn how quickly merchants are trying to ride on the iPhone hype.

Attached Files:

2. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Does she like Kate Spade stuff? They have a few different cases, both hard shell and rubber that my wife has been switching between lately.

3. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

If I had a girlfriend that had an iPhone, i would do some kind of pink and white combo with a bumper.

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

5. scutts macrumors member

i second Kate Spades. Friend of mine has beige black polka dot PC case which fit great and looked great for girls.

6. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

My girl used to use a Candyshell (the light blue and pink one). Now she has a pink and white Otterbox Defender and she couldn't be happier which actually shocked me.

Generally, the ladies don't seem care about the actual style of the case or even it's functionality. The seem to only care about the color. Granted that is a blanket statement and doesn't apply to the entire gender but the past couple of girlfriends I've had have had this same attitude towards their phones.

7. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

That does not apply to geek girls :D.

For me function first and then style.

My current favorites and why:

1) SWitcheasy Vulcan Smoke. The slimmest full port covering case.

2) Casemate Hula black. Shows off my Luckylabs stickers and the phone looks almost naked while still having some lay on table.

3) Otterbox Commuter. One of the thinnest fully protective cases, plus pink and white is sexy!

4) Waterfileds pouch (sfbags): To keep the cased phone from getting scratched with all the crap in the pocket/purse.

8. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

I got my wife a Coach slim case. Reminds me of my Smoked Incase.

9. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Firstly I am a woman.

I do love pink and sparklie things.

However, I also like things that will last, work for a long time and are protective.

Therefore I use a Mobi battery pack case. It adds a considerable amount of weight but a lovely 2 more days use. Moderate use and I know if I drop it, nothing is going to break or shatter unless I drop it face first on a rock.

good luck.

I consider the case a protection of investment and so I use a screen protector that is like the original surface, you cannot even tell it is there.

Protection, durability, endurance....

10. panicpot macrumors newbie

I would recommend a Speck Candyshell as they have many colors. Also, the Cath Kidston cases are nice as well if you like floral patterns. The Rabito rabbit case is cute and will get many comments. This would be good for the Easter holiday. :) These cases are all within the $20 range.

11. janellelk macrumors newbie

Love my Kate Spade hard case! It's black with white polka dots and a pink bumper. It has saved my iPhone's life various times. I'm really looking into a Coach fabric/soft case as well. I'd like to transition between the two.

12. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

girls generally dont care for the size of the phone case because they usually carry the phone in their bags unlike guys who carry them in pockets...

13. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

size doesnt matter.. when it comes to iphone cases lol my girl used a pink otterbox knockoff for a while and loved it but now shes using pink magpul which looks tight u shud check it out.

i agree with rapalee man colour is number one concern haha on that note does anybody know any good cases thats similar to 'tiffany blue" colour? my girls obsessed with that colur but i havent come across a good case that has it. thanks

14. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I'm aware about the size as she carries her phone in her bag or her back pocket.

When I asked her about the "style" she didn't care either. Only the color. She hates the black Otterbox but obviously loves the Pink.

15. Angel baby macrumors member

Angel baby

Agree. Color is a key factor for girl choose a case. Suggest you google with key words "tiffany blue iphone 4 case" by google image function. Here is one i googled for you, it's from Zazzle, a site i've never heard of it, but you could go to see it, enclosed the link here: http://www.zazzle.com/tiffany_blue_damask_and_brown_iphone4_case_speckcase-176871840185301568

16. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

17. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

A warning careful about the Kate Spade, its addictive if your girl likes them. They keep indtroducing new cases, the bastards, and my wife just keeps having to have them. Now she's up to 4 hard shell and a rubber case. Add that to the 3 different Blackberry pouches she bought from them plus the 20 or so purses over the last few years and I nearly have a Kate Spade store in my closet! :eek: But hey, she can match her personal electronics protectors with her purses. ;)

18. melvel macrumors newbie

I love this case, but I had a hard time getting it off! How do you remove the phone from the shell? I cant get it to open, im scared i might break the case!

19. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

There's a slot on one side of the case (can't remember whic side from memory but it's obvious). Use a wide flathead screwdriver or a coin (an American nickel works about perfectly) and twist it. It's hard the first couple of times but it works.

20. maniacphoner macrumors regular

21. lucyna macrumors member

22. JessicaR macrumors member

As a female I like the purse iphone case. Marware has a couple of styles I like This way you can ditch the purse altogether and use your iPhone case as your purse. While it is not real big, it is perfect for when you want to do just grab it and go. Plus since it also works as a clutch, you can throw it in a larger purse if you want to go that route.

You can check them out at Marware's iPhone 4 cases