Recommendation for Qi Wireless Charging Mat (for multiple devices)

Wallace

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
Michigan
Hi,

Can someone recommend a high quality Qi Wireless Charging Mat to charge multiple iPhones at ones? Is there a product out there that works well?

Ideal would be a Qi 7.5W version but recommendation for a Qi 10W version from a reputable brand would be also appreciated. So far I only found "cheap China" version on Amazon which I never heard the brand name before. So I question the quality of these.

Thanks.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Hi,

Can someone recommend a high quality Qi Wireless Charging Mat to charge multiple iPhones at ones? Is there a product out there that works well?

Ideal would be a Qi 7.5W version but recommendation for a Qi 10W version from a reputable brand would be also appreciated. So far I only found "cheap China" version on Amazon which I never heard the brand name before. So I question the quality of these.

Thanks.
Definitely wanting 10W myself. Saw those versions on Amazon too and seeing some reviews of them failing quickly. Looks like I may have to settle for a single charging station for myself and something with a stand to hold the Apple Watch charger for my wife. Hoping wireless charging gets more popular with many ppl on their 2 year upgrade cycle finally upgrading to devices that include it. The increased demand should drive product options.

Wallace

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2003
Michigan
Look like you are right. Probably best idea to wait until Anker & Co. are coming out with new products for multiple devices. Don't want to use one of these "cheaper" Amazon options since they might also damage the phone's battery or even burn my house down. ;)

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I bought a Plux but haven’t received it yet. Looks pretty awesome.

cwosigns

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I popped in a Verizon store today and that had a Samsung one that supported fast charging of two devices, one upright and one lying down. It was around $119.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I popped in a Verizon store today and that had a Samsung one that supported fast charging of two devices, one upright and one lying down. It was around $119.
With complaints on Amazon that make $120 seem too high IMHO.

cwosigns

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
With complaints on Amazon that make $120 seem too high IMHO.
I didn’t buy it, but popped my phone on it on the store. Seemed okay. Had a USB-C connector. Not sure how fast it charges an iPhone. I liked the angle of the upright charger, with the deeper lip. I have this one and my phone doesn’t feel secure. Easy to have the phone slide off the lip when placing it on the charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.