recommendation for screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kiddk1, Feb 24, 2012.

1. kiddk1 macrumors regular

My son dropped my Ipad 2 and cracked the screen bad, I went to the apple store genius bar hoping to get lucky but it was a no go. I need a recommendation for a company to replace it, I saw this one http://www.igadgetresq.com/ipad-2-repair/ and tried to contact them but nobody responds which makes me suspicious. any recomendations? Thank in advance.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Why not search for a local company with a physical presence?

Also, you failed to state your location.

3. kiddk1 thread starter macrumors regular

I am in the detroit area, I did find a company about 45min away that will charge me 145 for an OEM screen, the apple store wants about 200, ebay seller I found will do it for 89 with shipping who also stated he uses OEM.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I always consider the difference in price and not the total price. Apple charges more but you can trust that it will be done with OEM parts, done correctly and they can be trusted. For me it would be a no brainer. I would have Apple do the repair and I would not have to drive 180 minutes total to deliver and then pick up. Consider the cost of gasoline to drive that distance.

5. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I'm 45 minutes south of Big Mac. There are a couple of places up here, but too far away from you.

I have to concur with Ashwood. Apple will do it correctly and the work is warranted.

6. kiddk1 thread starter macrumors regular

7. kiddk1 thread starter macrumors regular

BOOYA called apple care and pleaded my case and they are going to grant me a one time free repair.

8. iGadgetResQ macrumors newbie

Owner Of iGadget ResQ

Hello KiddK1,

My Name is Chris I'm the owner of igadgetresq.com.

I see that you posted seeking to find a service provider for the repair of your device and posted a link of my business.

I'm sorry to hear that you where unable to get in contact with us, we try our best to help every customers needs emails to live chat, to phone calls.

We are a newer online business but Apple repairs are nothing new to us. We specialize in only Apple devices.

We are also a real business registered in the state of Idaho http://www.accessidaho.org/public/sos/corp/W110373.html

Our prices are the lowest online, we'll even price match!

I saw that Apple is offering you a free screen repair, if in the future you need anything please let us know. We wont let you down!

Thanks, Chris

9. Donal James macrumors newbie

Replacement digitizer screen

I had the same problem. Got a replacement screen from ScreenTek Inc and replaced it myself. Took a little bit of work, but the operation was a success.:)