Recommendation for Seamless iMovie Budget Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by sl2281, Dec 11, 2009.

1. sl2281 macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2009

I've been reading a lot of threads, but still can't seem to come up with the best camcorder.

I want to spend $200-400 on a camcorder that seamlessly uploads to iMovie, but that also has a mic input.

I thought the Canon FS100 looked good, but then i read that it wasn't exactly seamless. I like the idea of Sanyo's iFrame feature on some camcorders, but they were a little out of my budget...but there's the sanyo without iFrame but with mic input:

but I'm not sure. I want to be able to edit video for uploading to Youtube. Are there any other camcorders I should look at?

2. nathanrae macrumors newbie

Jul 3, 2009
    Manchester, UK

I've just made a video and written a blog post about the Sanyo HD1010 and what equipment I recommend you get hold of to get the best results from it.

Using this camera you can trim clips and then compile them together in the camera without using a computer at all. An the video file format it uses is youtube compatable.
    This means that (if you use a micro SD Card) you can shoot and edit a video, save it as a new video file on the camera then pop the sd card into a mobile phone and upload it to Youtube with no other processing.

Hope it helps.

Nathan Rae
  3. sl2281 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2009
    your video was really helpful. thanks for posting it! i think i'm going to go with the sanyo.