Recommendation on 3rd party battery for 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 3pointers, Jun 26, 2008.

1. 3pointers macrumors newbie

I need an extra battery for a long overseas flight. Can anyone recommend a good 3rd party battery for the 15" MBP?

2. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

I just bought a 2nd batter for my 15" MBP. I looked at the various non-apple battery options. After reading some reviews, they were hit-and-miss. I didn't want to be stranded somewhere with a bad non-apple battery. Apple has a much easier return policy (for me) if the batter goes.

I ended up going with an Apple battery. my 2 cents

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. MPHL macrumors regular

MPHL

I would recommend just sticking with apple, they are like $115 and apple will warranty them.

5. Romarros macrumors newbie

warranty?

My battery started to show problems exactly one year after I had bought my computer, quite ironic. As I was traveling abroad and couldn't get back to the Mac shop till 10 days after the 'expiry date' of the warranty I was told that my battery was outside warranty...
    I followed this thread exactly because I'm wondering what good it does to stick to an Apple battery and would as well like to know where to find alternatives.

6. ChocolateJesus macrumors member

I've also been looking for a replacement battery, but for my 12" Powerbook. My current one holds less than an hour of charge, and I have heard GREAT things about OWC stuff. Especially from reading the reviews on the Apple website about the replacement batteries for the 12", I'm thinking this is the way to go.. can anyone offer any insight here?

7. PcEhAoCsE macrumors newbie

Really? I'm surprised you guys would recommend 3rd Party Batteries...3rd Party RAM sure....but batteries?

8. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

It looks like OWC only carries batteries for the ibooks, and powerbooks. I didn't see any for the MB or MBP.