Recommendation on a 13" MBP bag?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AlphaDogg, May 23, 2012.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

My (second) Brenthaven Edge I bag broke. I love that case! It has ~1.5" of padding all around, so I could literally throw my MBP around without worrying about any sort of damage. Unfortunately, the zipper stopped zipping correctly.
    It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

I emailed them to see if they could repair it under their lifetime warranty. They said they couldn't, so they would give me 80% off any case that I want.

They do not have anything available that is similar to my current (broken) case with a similar amount of padding:(. The first one I saw that I liked was the Prostyle Lite Expandable Case, but it's for a 15" MBP. That means my MBP will be loose inside it.

The second one that I saw that I liked was the Prostyle Plus Sleeve I, which has less space for school-related items, but it is slimmer and is sized for a 13" MBP.

The third one that I liked, but not as much was the Prostyle II-XF. It is huge and bulky, but it is still an option.

2. knockknock macrumors member

knockknock

How about this Tenba Photo/Laptop Messenger Bag, Mini it fits 13" MacBook in a padded sleeve And other stuff too.:D
    http://www.amazon.com/Tenba-Mini-Me...D34C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1337830611&sr=8-3

I got my wife the 15" version of this bag and she loves it!!.
    She can put in that bag a 15" MacBook pro, a Casio LCD projector, an atv2 it's respective cords/chargers plus folders and worksheets (she's a teacher).
    Or she can put her slr with a couple of lenses plus The MBP. Lots of pockets and zippers, it's very well made and has good padding for your shoulder.

3. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I wish I could, but my choices are pretty confined to Brenthaven, because I get 80% off any bag of theirs.

4. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I would get anything Tumi. Yes it's more expensive, but it is very well made and worth the price. I've got one shoulder briefcase/laptop bag from them that has lasted a decade, it's been all over the globe, and it still looks great -- not a single tear, rip or stitch is out of place. Not many vendors deliver that type of quality and reliability, and frankly you save money buying once and not replacing.

5. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I got the ProStyle Lite Expandable bag. I got it in the mail on Friday and I love it! It is organized and holds everything I need (and some stuff I don't) without being massive!

6. davidg4781, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Just curious, if you REALLY want that bag, have you tried looking to see if you can find one online somewhere? I have that one but rarely use it. For some reason, I got it really cheap on Amazon about 5 years ago, so maybe you can find a deal on it somewhere.

Then use your Brenthaven discount for something else. I have this bag and a larger bag I use. I use the smaller one for the times I just need my MacBook. The larger one securely holds MacBook along with any cameras/cables/adaptors/phones/wires/chargers/papers I need.

Edit....

I really like the Prostyle Plus Sleeve I. The one I have is very similar to the II-XF. I think the Plus Sleeve I will work for you. The Edge case I have only has a slot in the back for a few loose pages and comes with a little pouch for the MagSafe charger.

7. Json81 macrumors member

If it's only the zipper, talk to a tailor and see if they can fix it?